John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tubey i'm not a moyes supporter, i wanted him gone but what's the point bashing him now he's gone?

You're saying it like these things weren't said whilst he was here though. People we're very much agreeing that Moyes didn't have any trust or faith in the younger players, it's not unfair to say that if he was still here we wouldn't have seen Stones tonight, at least not for longer than 20mins.

Tubey i'm not a moyes supporter, i wanted him gone but what's the point bashing him now he's gone?

Blue Cheese, Moyes was here 11 years and will be talked about for the next couple of years, its natural just as we did with Walter Smith before Moyes.

You're saying it like these things weren't said whilst he was here though. People we're very much agreeing that Moyes didn't have any trust or faith in the younger players, it's not unfair to say that if he was still here we wouldn't have seen Stones tonight, at least not for longer than 20mins.

Everything being said I have said myself but i've moved on and am concentrating on the Martinez era, anyway off to work i go later chaps.

Having said all that, Junior didn't even travel.

If DM was still in charge Junior would have played tonight.

Swings and roundabouts?

Martinez OUT

Nobodies bashing him; we're pointing out the different mindset under our new manager.

Under Moyes, we would have played a deep 4-5-1 last night with no hint of a young player, looked to pinch a goal early then sat back and prayed for the win, with a 2-0 loss being more than likely. Hence why we were crap in cup games.

Under Martinez, he adopted the system and the players he obviously believed good enough to win the game, we gave it a proper go and got our just rewards. An attitude which won him an FA Cup at Wigan.

Moyes didn't trust youth players and didn't develop basically anyone besides Rooney, which was handed to him on a plate when he arrived.

If people are going to applaud Moyes for spotting young talent, then it's only fair to point out how badly he utilised that talent.

Nobodies bashing him; we're pointing out the different mindset under our new manager.

Under Moyes, we would have played a deep 4-5-1 last night with no hint of a young player, looked to pinch a goal early then sat back and prayed for the win, with a 2-0 loss being more than likely. Hence why we were crap in cup games.

Under Martinez, he adopted the system and the players he obviously believed good enough to win the game, we gave it a proper go and got our just rewards. An attitude which won him an FA Cup at Wigan.

Moyes didn't trust youth players and didn't develop basically anyone besides Rooney, which was handed to him on a plate when he arrived.

If people are going to applaud Moyes for spotting young talent, then it's only fair to point out how badly he utilised that talent.

Is correct.

There's nothing wrong with talking about Moyes, even if he has left.

Moyes hardly trusted youth players, already in pre-season Martinez has put faith in some of them and they've performed well.
It's just refreshing to see, it sets up a good positive vibe going into next season.
We needed squad depth and we've got it.

Stones, what a future he has.

I'm fed up with all the bashing Mike Walker gets, he's left us, move on and support Norwich or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.