John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree with that at all. As far as I recall Oviedo was pretty underwhelming, while the only reason we werent excited about signing a touted prospect was because of the Leroy Fer/general transfer window shambles.

Yeah you could be right RBJ.

Said no-one, ever. I was talking about the reaction to the individual player.

Okay, this signing makes no sense. Why did we spend most of our transfer budget on a guy that won't improve our first team at this moment. What a desperate buy from the club!

Okay, this signing makes no sense. Why did we spend most of our transfer budget on a guy that won't improve our first team at this moment. What a desperate buy from the club!

Hmm, while I can understand why you say that I don't think it was desperate. By all accounts he's a very promising player.

And by even more accounts he's already impressing the coaches and pushing the first team already.

Instant impact? Maybe not.
One for the near future? Looks likely.

Have people still not gotten on to the fact that Stones only cost us about £1m upfront anyway. So we hardly 'blew our transfer budget' did we.

I reckon it could turn out to be a great buy for the club.if the sounds coming out of finch farm are true that he's doing really well, then we've spent wisely.wasn't he scouted for quite a while,so presumably he wasn't a last minute signing

did we spend most our transfer money on him ???,thought Fer had a down payment if we were going ahead and signing him.

Read: Trolls apply here.

In all honesty, I'll need to watch it on a much better stream than the ****e I had to be accurate....that being said, he appeared solid and got an undeserved yellow...looked like he got the ball...and he seemed properly pissed off about the yellow to boot...

No idea what the bit in bold means....

How was his passing and positional sense ?

No idea what the bit in bold means....

How was his passing and positional sense ?

Hard to tell going off the stream I had, better hearing from lads at the game but I thought he done fine. Looked like Distin was talking to him plenty as well which is good

He was pretty solid last night. Couple of lapses which is understandable given his age and experience. He's playing in such a difficult position for a young lad up against the likes of Berbatov et al. You make a mistake at the back and it can signal a goal. Make a mistake in midfield or attack and it's just a mistake. What I've seen of him so far is hugely encouraging. The lad oozes class and composure. Comfortable with both feet and solid in the air. Can tackle hard and doesn't lack for pace. Only thing he's lacking at the minute is just experience. Enjoy him, he's ours.

He looked comfortable at centre half for 45 minutes past night and distribution was excellent. Unfortunately we became disjointed early 2nd half

Status
Not open for further replies.