John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man U paid was it £30m for a left back? And well, they paid £30m for a CB over a decade ago.

So I think they'd happily pay £40m+ for John Stones.

Very true. They need a centre back to by the looks of things. Smalling is looking good now so they could see a Stones/Smalling partnership as them set centre back wise for a good ten years.

I can only think of City and PSG who would be mad enough to pay 40+ million for a defender. Maybe Man U the more desperate they get.
Which is why stones must not be sold this window. Come next summer arsenal (mertzacker) barca (mascherano) real (pepe) Chelsea (terry) and united will all be after a central defender as those mentioned will need replacing. If it gets to an auction and stones is picked for euro 2016, you could see a transfer of 40m+

I think Man U were quietly watching in the background and being prepared to step in and gazump Chelsea.
i think we were told earlier in the window that another club had enquired and been told he wasnt for sale and they took the club's word for that and piped down. I'm sure that club and others would have become interested had he really been for sale. I think when he is sold he will go for an eye watering fee. I'd quite like to keep him, not many big big successful clubs sell their best players.

I think Man U were quietly watching in the background and being prepared to step in and gazump Chelsea.
After our rather public tussle over Baines/Fellaini and them not getting any change out of us for Cleverley, I'm pretty sure that if United wanted Stones the deal would be done quietly and at a high price both parties were relatively happy with - especially with the added incentive of revenge for the Pedro fiasco.

After our rather public tussle over Baines/Fellaini and them not getting any change out of us for Cleverley, I'm pretty sure that if United wanted Stones the deal would be done quietly and at a high price both parties were relatively happy with - especially with the added incentive of revenge for the Pedro fiasco.

But no Evans now in PX.

Status
Not open for further replies.