John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure they outbid from what I read they were smarter in terms of payment schdules and smarter in terms of how they sold the club to the player . Irrespective my comments were in relation to a CD and from what I see Man Utd don't appear to be looking for an expensive HG player
Although i hate the mancs, if we are to lose stones, anywhere but CFC would be hilarious!

What struck me as important from Martinez was he said it was "too late to accept his transfer request".

Very focused words
Agreed Bryan. I dont see Martinez as a man who leaves himself open to become a hostage. Also consider these words from last night:

'We have a chairman that will do the right thing for the football club and for the team. “And as a true Evertonian, we are clear that he (Kenwright) will not be easily influenced into taking the money and into doing things that will make our team weaker."'

That can be taken a couple of ways.

I'd smile if we kept hold of Stones, but experience tells us this has twists and turns and that no one has burnt bridges on anything at all.

Not sure what we have done to the media, but everytime we get a very good player. The media cannot wait for us to sell them, they do all in the power to sell them for us!

We could leave it until later, but IMO he wont handle this situation well and his defensive work (already ropey) wont get any better

I don't know mate, I think 90% of players in his position wouldn't even be in the squad, let alone the starting line-up for our recent games. His head has been all over the place but he's still displayed remarkable professionalism for a young lad. He will come good again if we do keep hold of him.

One thing the whole fiasco demonstrates though is the absurdity of not closing the window before the season starts.

Agreed Bryan. I dont see Martinez as a man who leaves himself open to become a hostage. Also consider these words from last night:

'We have a chairman that will do the right thing for the football club and for the team. “And as a true Evertonian, we are clear that he (Kenwright) will not be easily influenced into taking the money and into doing things that will make our team weaker."'

That can be taken a couple of ways.

I'd smile if we kept hold of Stones, but experience tells us this has twists and turns and that no one has burnt bridges on anything at all.
First time I've seen such a strong defence or at least I've believed the manager in what he says, I dunno why I believe all this I feel confident he will stay until at least January now. This only ups the price for all parties to sell in that terrible window.

Martinez is toeing the line perfectly here and it's looking like he's been briefed on the correct approach, it's all Chelsea's fault and the " project " is a bigger part of the plan.

He's played a blinder up to now for me. Stones is gone to me!

Who do we buy with that money? If there was a replacement for Stones to be had that wouldn't hurt the quality of our first team, Chelsea would be in for him.

I think the main thing driving Chelsea's relentless, increasingly desperate and frankly downright embarrassing pursuit of Stones is the fact he is English and they are trying to fill some quota or other.

If there was another suitable candidate who was indeed English I am sure they would have moved on from us by now and bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.