John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moronic comments from Cundy, so any agent is bigger than the player, bigger than the manager, bigger than the club etc.
He's a full on weapon, crap player, and he talks absolute crap all the time as a so called pundit, 95% of this board could pundit better than him, maybe as high as 98%.

For me that was why there was such a silence from the club yesterday. Only my opinion, but I get the feeling there's disagreement between the board and Martinez. Martinez has put himself out there with his comments. I'd put a bit of money on saying this time next week we'll either have Stones and Martinez, or no Stones and no Martinez. Seems so much disarray at the club and to be honest with the lack of transfer activity over the summer and the increased cash we now have, the board don't seem fully behind Martinez.

I would say the board stand four square behind Bobby.

There was silence yesterday because EFC had more important things to concentrate on.

A football match.

Afterwards Everton Football Club spoke with one voice and that voice was the voice of the public face of EFC.

Roberto Martinez.

I think people should now accept this at face value and stop looking for hidden agendas.

Yesterday we had the ludicrous accusations that the board had "forced" Stones to hand in his transfer request.

Time to face facts......Stones is going nowhere.

Niw, there is a downside to this...... @bizzaro is off the hook :p

Last edited:
For me that was why there was such a silence from the club yesterday. Only my opinion, but I get the feeling there's disagreement between the board and Martinez. Martinez has put himself out there with his comments. I'd put a bit of money on saying this time next week we'll either have Stones and Martinez, or no Stones and no Martinez. Seems so much disarray at the club and to be honest with the lack of transfer activity over the summer and the increased cash we now have, the board don't seem fully behind Martinez.
But Jon Woods said, on film that Stones was going nowhere,we don't have a spokesman, so I fail to see what you mean ,that the board aren't fully behind Martinez, whom do you expect to face the media ? Taking into account that the chairman is not in good health.

He looks a bit shocked and disappointed by that does Stones. I can completely understand people's attitudes and being hateful towards him. I suppose I have just grown out of it now. Once you get beyond a certain age you lose that emotional connection and realise it's all just business.

I think the fan shouting those comments is out of line. Stones has continued to play for Everton irrespective of his desire to leave. He hasn't done a Sterling and gone on strike. He is a 21 year old lad, who left his home town team at 18 to join us. We have been very good for Stones, but he's been very good for us and we'll probably end up cleaning 25 million pounds profit from him.

We rightly laugh at Kopites for how they behaved at Stoke towards Sterling, but this is no better.

He looks a bit shocked and disappointed by that does Stones. I can completely understand people's attitudes and being hateful towards him. I suppose I have just grown out of it now. Once you get beyond a certain age you lose that emotional connection and realise it's all just business.

I think the fan shouting those comments is out of line. Stones has continued to play for Everton irrespective of his desire to leave. He hasn't done a Sterling and gone on strike. He is a 21 year old lad, who left his home town team at 18 to join us. We have been very good for Stones, but he's been very good for us and we'll probably end up cleaning 25 million pounds profit from him.

We rightly laugh at Kopites for how they behaved at Stoke towards Sterling, but this is no better.

As far as I know it was one fan.

And I would doubt John even heard the bugger.

Disgusting behaviour! I wouldn't want to stay after that! I honestly thought we were better fans than that. I know he doesn't speak for the majority but in this day and age it doesn't take much to be tarred with the same brush....

We rightly laugh at Kopites for how they behaved at Stoke towards Sterling, but this is no better

Is right. It's shameful behaviour for any grown man to engage in.

Just heard Jason Cundy's comments on Talksport last night. I didn't think anything the media could come up with would shock me anymore, but jesus christ...

“What’s Stones’s agent doing, letting him play in that game last night? He should be saying his head’s not in the right place, not making himself available for selection. His agent’s job is to get him out of that football club - Aidy Ward did exactly the right thing with Sterling - you do whatever it takes to get him out of that club”

I mean just.... wow

Stones is obviously a better human being and footballer than either Sterling or Cundy. Essentially both of those players and people are cowards, who will hide in times of difficulty. Whatever one thinks of Stones I admire his bravery for facing the music yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.