John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do look a bit daft saying nothing.

But it's not exactly easy what to say. We could say it's been refused and look stupid when we sell him.

The silence says quite a lot.

They could just say "no transfer request has been handed in" if there hasn't been. Or they could say "John Stones has handed in a transfer request, and we are sitting down, and are in discussions with John and his agent"

Not saying nothing is not really in the fans or the clubs interest going into tonight's game.

All of the players are only here for the money, I don't care if he wants to be here or not, he is a very well paid professional under contract. I've got no sympathy for Footballers. Handing in a transfer request is an easy way out. He signed a long term contract not long ago, so clearly isn't unhappy, he just wants even more at Chelsea. If he stays, he'll have to prove himself again to the supporters - and I don't have a problem with that.

The alternative is to let him go, confirm ourselves as a mid-table club with no future and no faith in Martinez's vision, while satisfying the demands of the Chelsea's and Man City's of this world.

Is every club not there to satisfy the needs of the rich, don' see many clubs fighting city and chelsea or any other rich club off...? infact is that not generally the way of the world.

Until we have 1) the finances to stand up to these clubs or 2) get a board with some balls, we wont be much more then we currently are.

If he stays and proves himself again tot he supporters to go next year... it doesnt make a blind bit of difference.

He has put his request in - its upto the board to make a stand, but if the board aren't going to invest in the first 11, we will stagnate anyways - everyone else has improved, we havent, we are weaker as a squad.

players come and go , but the issue for me is the way Chelsea have done this , it has been despicable .

the Chelsea manager and players have tapped him in and out of the media (you think their players haven't been on the phone to stones?)
the London press have done all they can to get him to the capital
my guess is stones agent has also been in contact and been made promises by Chelsea.

time and time again we have said he isn't for sale and isn't going anywhere , that pond life egomaniac nut job mourinho has pushed and pushed with complete and total disregard and disrespect for our club.

when that low life scum bag club plays us in a few weeks , I hope the fans and the team give them total hell.
I want 90 minutes of pure anger and disgust thrown at their manager and players. I want them running off that pitch in complete fear.

also if stones is a Chelsea player , I want our lads to give him what for. no smiles , no handshakes , just man handled , roughed up and made to feel like the judas he is.

Agree with a lot of that but he's hardly a Judas is he? He's a young lad from Barnsley who left his hometown club to make a step up to the Premier League. The lad has ambition and would now like to make another step up for his career. I know we're Everton and all that and we've had a proud history etc, but at the end of the day, Chelsea is a step up from us in this era. They're the Champions, they play in the Champions League, the media loves them, they've got Mourinho as manager, players like Hazard, Fabregas and Pedro, not to mention the 4x salary increase he will get and the location being in the Capital. When you look at it without an Evertonian perspective you can't really blame him for wanting the move.

Having said that, I think he's making a mistake demanding this move at this moment in time. He should have waited until he'd made it in to the Euro's squad as he's now risking that by joining them. He's also not the finished article, but ambitious people take that risk so from a neutral perspective, fair play to him.

Now on to the media campaign and Chelsea/Mourinho. I agree with you 100% and this is why for me it is irrelevant that they're seen as a step up from us because they've treated us with disrespect from the very start. Even worse than Chelsea and all the public tapping up they've done has been the media. Genuinely sickening when you're on the wrong end of it as a fan and there is no punishment for them doing it and making up stuff.

I reckon a lot of untoward stuff has gone on in this whole period. Players having a word with him on the sly, messages being passed from certain people to his agent to whisper in his ear. None of that is so bad, if it's before the season starts, but for it all to go on now while we've started our campaign is a disgrace.

We can't sell him. I'll be livid if we do.

If we really don't want to sell like they've been saying why haven't they refuse the request or made some sort of statement to clarify things yet.

They want the money, that's the only way they can fund Roberto in the transfer market, shameful
At this stage they don't have to say anything,this is like a game of poker,first one to blink, and things like that, next move is up to Chelsiki, they know of the transfer request,now it's up to them to come back.

Any sounds coming from the boardroom? Bet they come back with,'we had no choice but to sell him' .Not sure whats the point of a contract. Fans should have a contract each season and then they can decide if they still want to go if the team keeps selling its best players! Specially to teams only been going since 2003! and have been relegated more times than they have won the league!

I'd also take 30+ Zouma.

That's Yarmolenko and a top striker plus someone who'll bring us everything Stones does (provided we don't have to worry about the English player quota).

Any sounds coming from the boardroom? Bet they come back with,'we had no choice but to sell him' .Not sure whats the point of a contract. Fans should have a contract each season and then they can decide if they still want to go if the team keeps selling its best players! Specially to teams only been going since 2003! and have been relegated more times than they have won the league!

You mean the current champions?

I think they should throw stones into the rancor pit under kenwrights desk, unchain 'the besic' (who is rumoured to have not been fed in a few days), and let him snap the traitor into little pieces and splinters.

Status
Not open for further replies.