John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans seem to want to sell him and invest the money in Jonny Evans and Titus Bramble though. We're not the most clued up fanbase going around.

We have to be realistic tho mate, every single player has a price the club deem acceptable, personally I would reject everything below 50m, but even thats unrealistic, imagine what a proper Manager, not Martinez, could do with 50m, I mean we could probably afford Scott Dann innit.

YNWA

The Martinez quotes in the London Evening Standard basically tells you that Chelsea have broken an unwritten rule.

I'm sure clubs are always sounding out Everton about buying our players and we probably do it with other clubs ourselves. The unwritten rule is basically, if the club says no, he's not for sale (all behind the scenes, not publicly), you leave it alone and move on. Chelsea appear to have ignored that completely and not only have made the bid, but crucially made it public too, so that Stones became aware of their interest. They're clearly banking/hoping Stones will rock the boat to get a move.

Not a shock tbh mate. That was the only ever reason they'd make such a low bid.

The Martinez quotes in the London Evening Standard basically tells you that Chelsea have broken an unwritten rule.

I'm sure clubs are always sounding out Everton about buying our players and we probably do it with other clubs ourselves. The unwritten rule is basically, if the club says no, he's not for sale (all behind the scenes, not publicly), you leave it alone and move on. Chelsea appear to have ignored that completely and not only have made the bid, but crucially made it public too, so that Stones became aware of their interest. They're clearly banking/hoping Stones will rock the boat to get a move.

Utd did the same with Baines. Remember Moyes with his infamous 'You're standing in the way of his career' comments when he was Utd boss?

The Spanish clown needs to pipe down, honestly, Chelsea have every right to make the bid public, I mean he works for a club that said we had basically signed Leroy Fer and then utterly raped Twente with payments and then theres the whole Hennen business, so no mate, in order to take the moral high ground you need to be pure white and we aint.

Reactions: Gil
We have to be realistic tho mate, every single player has a price the club deem acceptable, personally I would reject everything below 50m, but even thats unrealistic, imagine what a proper Manager, not Martinez, could do with 50m, I mean we could probably afford Scott Dann innit.

YNWA

Why sell though? M.Oney doesn't play centre back. We're not in trouble financially. Just keep the kid.

This is actually perfect for Kenwright and the board isn't it? We've spent 4 million in an era where smaller clubs are buying 10-15 million players because of an obscene TV deal.

But if we spent not a penny more, but rebuffed all Chelsea offers for Stones and he stayed here, Kenwright and the board would be labelled heroes.

Utd did the same with Baines. Remember Moyes with his infamous 'You're standing in the way of his career' comments when he was Utd boss?

Looking at the Mourinho quotes that have just come out, apparently we didnt say he's not for sale, just that we wouldnt accept £20mill. He's basically said that they will bid until they meet the asking price. Hes said if he was told that Stones would not be sold for any amount, he would move on to another target.

I can se him going for £35 mill

Fans seem to want to sell him and invest the money in Jonny Evans and Titus Bramble though. We're not the most clued up fanbase going around.

To be fair mate, it's plainly obvious that some of them are just wide eyed fervent, err, can't remember the correct pronoun now :/

wp_ss_20150718_0001.png

Mourinho.....err, speaking about Stones.....

Status
Not open for further replies.