Jo to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayee

Player Valuation: £40m
Daily mail says we're looking into the possibility of sending jo back and spending his wages elsewhere. Crosses fingers!

Imagine if they refused to take him back and we refused to play him. After already having signed somewhere for 18million, playing about 3 minutes of football and getting loaned out to a club that now doesn't actually want him either. If that was me I would probably quit, or sign for Charlton.

I think there is something good in Jo, but he just hasn't got the consistency to show it enough. I think he will mature into a good goalscorer with age but at this minute in time i don't think he is right for us.

Think if he does go it won't be the worst thing to happen, we just gotta replace him

I very much doubt it, nor would I agree with the decision.

Granted, he's not the best player in the world and still has rough edges but it'd be really shitty on our behalf.

The lad clearly loves being at the club, he's already contributed (despite what people say) and he's still a very useful option to have.

Granted, he's not the best player in the world and still has rough edges but it'd be really shitty on our behalf.

The lad clearly loves being at the club, he's already contributed (despite what people say) and he's still a very useful option to have.

It depends how much we are paying for him really. If he is on a pretty big wage, which could potentially fund a loan signing that is going to be far more useful to us, then we would be right to try and send him back. Considering our current predicament we can't afford to keep him just to be nice and uphold our reputation as a 'family' club.

if he can play on the wing better than bily (shouldn't be a problem..) i'd be happy to keep him!

It depends how much we are paying for him really. If he is on a pretty big wage, which could potentially fund a loan signing that is going to be far more useful to us, then we would be right to try and send him back. Considering our current predicament we can't afford to keep him just to be nice and uphold our reputation as a 'family' club.

Realistically, I very much doubt he is. Moyes wouldn't be paying a loan player (who isn't guaranteed a first team place) a massive wage.

And as I said, I rate him, which would be the main reason for wanting to keep him.

See i don't rate him. He loses concentration, rarely looks like he's giving his all and is offside more than Campbell ever was! But right now we need numbers and players who can offer something different

It just isn't happening for him right now but then again, the same can be said for the entire squad. So to put it squarely on Jo's shoulders would be unfair.

We sure aren't going to pay even half of what Man City paid for him. Either he's allowed to continue on loan with us (should Moyes wish it) or he's sent back to City.

But I do think it'll click for him at some point. Saw it last year in him.

It just isn't happening for him right now but then again, the same can be said for the entire squad. So to put it squarely on Jo's shoulders would be unfair.

We sure aren't going to pay even half of what Man City paid for him. Either he's allowed to continue on loan with us (should Moyes wish it) or he's sent back to City.

But I do think it'll click for him at some point. Saw it last year in him.

Yeh i agree with this. Unless City get an offer from another club, i think we'l eventually get him at a very cut price deal. He also has said he loves the club and has never felt a welcome as much as the one he felt with us.

For that alone i'd be tempted to keep him

I actually think Jo is not that bad of a player I just think he really is not suited to the Premier League. You see him in Europa cup games and he is not that bad he has some physical presence and is quite a danger on the left wing. But in the prem the guy might as well not be on the pitch he is that ineffective. You can see why they payed 18 million for him, he was on fire in Russia but perhaps Man city made the mistake of you know...not really knowing what the Russian league is, yes it has got some quality players, our billy and Arshavin are examples of that....but you don't know many quality Russian CBs or quality CBs in that league eh? I bet the defenses in that league aren't the best, so Jo would make mince meat of them. Further more half of the teams play of plastic pitches which may have suited Jo's style better, it is a big jump from plastic to grass. Send him to La Liga, he might do a job there.

Jo is a pretty big striker and big strikers don't really know how to play until their mid-late 20s (Drogba, Carew, Crouch, McBride are a few I can think off the top of my head). He just doesn't know who to use his physical gifts, and gets easily pushed off easily by well everybody. Maybe there is a shot that City will just let him go, and I would think of signing him as an investment for the future, but I don't see anything for the time being that would suggest anything fruitful in the present. It sucks b/c you could tell he loves to play for us and I think he does give good effort off on the pitch.

Jo is a pretty big striker and big strikers don't really know how to play until their mid-late 20s (Drogba, Carew, Crouch, McBride are a few I can think off the top of my head). He just doesn't know who to use his physical gifts, and gets easily pushed off easily by well everybody. Maybe there is a shot that City will just let him go, and I would think of signing him as an investment for the future, but I don't see anything for the time being that would suggest anything fruitful in the present. It sucks b/c you could tell he loves to play for us and I think he does give good effort off on the pitch.

I agree he'd be worth the wait ... I'm just afraid we're being suckered into funding his "learning" years, only to turn him over to $ity as soon as he's class.

Taxi waiting for Jo

maybe so, but at the moment there are a few others I could open the door for, there are some players that are not standing up to be counted at this time and really need to pull there fingers out. Infact I'm not sure a taxi would be big enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.