Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours that Lingard is holding out for £150k per week. Given that no one has paid it yet, I guess neither us, Newcastle or West Ham are keen on paying that. According to reports today in the press showing the top earner at each club, Mina is ours on £120K per week. I could imagine us going up to that £120k per week for Lingard, but possibly only a 2 year deal

Rumours that Lingard is holding out for £150k per week. Given that no one has paid it yet, I guess neither us, Newcastle or West Ham are keen on paying that. According to reports today in the press showing the top earner at each club, Mina is ours on £120K per week. I could imagine us going up to that £120k per week for Lingard, but possibly only a 2 year deal

Kiss my ass.

That motto ceased to apply some years ago when "only those good enough" disappeared over the financial horizon. We are what we are and where we are until some idiot is allowed to inject billions into EFC and employs competent people to spend it wisely. Until then, shove the motto into a drawer and forget it.

I believe you may be correct here, but someone thought Dele was a good idea at the time
Yeah, it was odd.

However, given the choice of a fella who has basically tossed off a career bar a few short months on loan at West Ham or someone who was probably the best young attacking midfielder on Europe a few short years ago, I'd probably stick with the latter. (only because he's already here)

Lingard was an England international when he signed his last deal at utd. His career has fallen off a cliff since then. His next salary needs to be on a basic plus appearance bonus for anyone that signs him.
He may have a swan song or you may be signing the next David Bentley who’s career effectively ended before it should. There’s no guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.