Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
He'll come in on loan, look good, get a monster 5 yr deal and go gash...(even gasher?)

No more 5 year £125,000+ deals for soon to be 28 year olds
Been there - done that.
Koff.

Errrrm.......

He's a free agent mate so how would we loan him?
He's also not soon to be 28 - he's 30 this year.

No.
He'll come in on loan, look good, get a monster 5 yr deal and go gash...(even gasher?)

No more 5 year £125,000+ deals for soon to be 28 year olds
Been there - done that.
Koff.
Soon to be 30 mate. He's not 27 he's 29. He's also a free agent

Errrrm.......

He's a free agent mate so how would we loan him?
He's also not soon to be 28 - he's 30 this year.
Details, mere details.
Some days I'm a 'Big Picture' guy
Like now.
Even more reason not to bother

Edit; If Moyes wants to have him...and pay him shedloads for 4yrs, well good luck.
I just hope we're not that daft or desperate.

Last edited:

Details, mere details.
Some days I'm a 'Big Picture' guy
Like now.
Even more reason not to bother

Edit; If Moyes wants to have him...and pay him shedloads for 4yrs, well good luck.
I just hope we're not that Daft or Desperate.
Been making tits of ourselves for yonks. Might as well be a full pair.

Lingards a good player, is a great signing. But for the snotty nosed blues who said he's not good enough; you probably won't have to worry since Tottenham, West Ham and Newcastle are in for him. The only reason he'd come to Everton is out of necessity of not moving house.
Is this the Tottenham, West Ham and Newcastle who seem to be in for every single player that’s being touted for a move this summer?

Lingards a good player, is a great signing. But for the snotty nosed blues who said he's not good enough; you probably won't have to worry since Tottenham, West Ham and Newcastle are in for him. The only reason he'd come to Everton is out of necessity of not moving house.

Lingard is actually a very a good player, hes high quality.

Not sure hes the most likable from the outside looking in, but then who is.

You'd imagine Lampard would at least ask him if he wants to be part of the project or if he only wants to join because Pickfords removal prices are a bit of a rip off.

I don’t think many are sayigg by he isn’t good enough. I think we are are saying the balance of the squad doesn’t need any more players that are earning career high salaries and nearly the wrong side of thirty.
This is risky signing for us.
Personally can’t see spurs being an option either.

The question is can we afford him in a time we are looking to change the wage structure and cut costs

More of a Siggy replacement. I can see him playing in Siggy’s position, something that we very much lacked last season. He will do well for a good 2 or 3 years and then massively drop off. I hope we sign him.

When he went on loan to West Ham and did well, plenty on here wished we had gone for him

Status
Not open for further replies.