Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard will know what hes doin regards the likes of lingard more than us i would asume

Ill back his judgement

hahaha learnt nothing have we, get rid of 400k p/w by removing leaches, and then probably going to lose that on 2 players.

I still have in my head he's about 22 that age on free transfer with highish wages, yes, near 30 looking for payday no.

Literally the most typical signing I could imagine for Everton.

We are so pointless

I would have been outright against it if we had to commit transfer funds. I was against it previously.

In our current predicament, I'm not sure we can afford to be that choosy though.

He'd get goals for us without doubt. I'd be much more nervous about us paying £20m for Dennis than signing Lingard on a free, even with high wages.

Not ideal and not the profile of signing I'd like us to make, but we are in far from ideal circumstances. There has to be an element of pragmatism and not cutting our nose to spite our face.

He's on nothing as of today mate and he's not getting that wage anywhere.
I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole at 80k a week, he’s a proper little ferret and everything that’s wrong with the modern day footballer.

Not very good
High salary
Social media crap
Leeching of his club without any ambition to actually want to play the game.

The swerve of swerves

Be a terrible signing, but 100% one we will likely make.

Questionable attitude - every time I see him he’s promoting a brand or doing some horrendous dances on social media, big wages and bar a few decent months at west ham just not good enough.

I can’t see much work rate with him and Dele in the same side.

I really hope thelwell moves away from these transfers and we buy players who won’t see us a step down , have a decent resale value in future and have their best years ahead of them.

Must be on the right wages for this to be acceptable. If he comes in on Iceland's wages the fume will rightfully go through the roof.

A one or 2 year deal, while we also sign a young attacker with potential, and I can accept this if the wages are sensible. That's the big thing here. Is he willing to play for 60 or 70k a week at the very most. If he expects far more than that, then it's a no brainer for us that we should move on.

It’s nothing to do with ability; his quality is there and no one will deny it. But for the financial health of the club, its sustainability, its future? We would just be repeating old mistakes.
Depends. If it’s a free transfer and Sigurdsson’s old wage for two seasons, option of a third, then it feels fine tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.