Jermaine Beckford Analysis - Finishing, Movement & Hold up play + excessive stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Executioner's Bong

Player Valuation: £500k
9 of the top 10 transfers in football history have been paid for either playmaker or strikers. Whilst a team can be drilled into defending and stopping the opposition, in the final third the extra money is paid for players who have something natural; either the vision to play a slide rule pass or the composure and ability to score. In the summer our continued lack of finance led David Moyes to turn to free agent Jermaine Beckford to boost our striking options at the club. This article will examine the impact he has made this season both individually and in comparison to the club’s other forwards. We will look at his strengths and also analyse the areas of his game which are still very much a work in progress for the speedy forward….

Full story and diagrams etc at the below link....

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2011/03/16/player-focus-jermaine-beckford/

Fair summary mate. Hold up play: didn't he have a big lad at Leeds who used to take all the physical stuff on - Becchio - allowing Beckford to pick up the pieces? He's just not used to the role and I think it'll take a while until he learns to add that string to his bow.

I can confirm I'm not sniderman or greg o'keefe!

I'm just a fan who goes home and away, long suffering and an insomniac (in light of comment about having too much time on my hands above!)

Fair summary mate. Hold up play: didn't he have a big lad at Leeds who used to take all the physical stuff on - Becchio - allowing Beckford to pick up the pieces? He's just not used to the role and I think it'll take a while until he learns to add that string to his bow.

Becchio ain't a big lad, he's a small Argie that puts himself about. He's a bit like Cahill.

Good work bongy.

I've warmed to beckford after writing him off. He will get chances in every game he plays as his movement is very good.

Build a team around him next season though? Still no.

The next season will be a defining one for him. I still hold reservations he can develop into what were looking for but I have noticed that his first touch, hold up play and awareness has been much improved lately.

Becchio ain't a big lad, he's a small Argie that puts himself about. He's a bit like Cahill.

He's 6' 2" and a bit of a lard arse! Not remotely like Cahill.

Good work bongy.

I've warmed to beckford after writing him off. He will get chances in every game he plays as his movement is very good.

Build a team around him next season though? Still no.

Good work, yerself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.