Jelavic- Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

Should he stay or should he go

• Give the boy a chance- Stay

Votes: 219 75.5%
  • Get rid now before its to late

Votes: 49 16.9%
  • Not bothered- Cheese On Toast Lid

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 13 goals in 12 games were no fluke. Underneath the broken shell is a steely eyed, pointy faced, boss slotter and we should at least give him another season to turn it around.

The difference between selling for £5m now and £2.5m in a season if it doesn't work out, is not so big to make it a huge gamble.

Say we sold him for £5m to a team that played to strengths, like we did the tail end of 11-12, and he bangs in 15 goals nect season? We'd look like absolute dickheads.

I'm firmly in the keep him camp.

I'd rather that we kept him for now to see if he gets his act back together.

If he fails to impress then get rid in January .

Also, identify me a striker we could sign for the £5m less agents fees, that would give us a serious top level goal threat that Jelavic has shown he has.

I'm just worried we won't see a new player in if he goes.

I dont blame you mate. It's the Everton Way and we will see a negative net spend this summer I fear. I just couldn't see Jelavic being sold and then we leave ourselves short.

I reckon also that it'll be more of Jelavic wanting out than Martinez forcing the issue. He's defo #2 striker going into the season and that wont be good enough for him with the WC on the horizon. I bet his agent has got these wheels in motion,

Problem is if he plays like he did last season then come January we won't get any where near the £6m HSV are apparently willing to play. We'd be lucky to get £3m for him!

And any money we got for him I don't trust that the board would give the full amount to Martinez to spend.

Tony Hibbert poses more of a goal threat mate.

See, now you're just being silly.

I reckon you're wearing your snapback and it's dribbling silliness into your head.

The ridiculous lightning fast reactions to score the winner against Spurs show that in amongst the poor form, our Balkan beauty still has it.

Those 13 goals in 12 games were no fluke. Underneath the broken shell is a steely eyed, pointy faced, boss slotter and we should at least give him another season to turn it around.

The difference between selling for £5m now and £2.5m in a season if it doesn't work out, is not so big to make it a huge gamble.

Say we sold him for £5m to a team that played to strengths, like we did the tail end of 11-12, and he bangs in 15 goals nect season? We'd look like absolute dickheads.

I'm firmly in the keep him camp.

Spot on imo mate.

The rumoured fee is peanuts & it's hard to see where we'd get a striker with a better pedigree with the cash received.

Hahaha!!

I've just had enough of the Croatian offside king. Bloody Denis played better than him FFS!!!

I hope he comes good, but see no reason why he will. He might I guess, but he might not.

he turned up early pre-season to cheers his team mates on so for that reason alone he can stay for a year for me

Also, identify me a striker we could sign for the £5m less agents fees, that would give us a serious top level goal threat that Jelavic has shown he has.

How many strikers will Martinez use though? If he has Kone with Mirallas and Deulofeu out wide, then Jelavic isn’t likely to be given much of a chance. That central role will require someone playing with their back to goal and holding the ball up, and not being offside every 2 minutes. Jelavic could be great if we played to his strengths but I’m not sure the system under Martinez will play to his strengths. While Jelavic is undoubtedly a better finisher, you could argue Anichebe and Velios are better suited to playing with their back to goal as an understudy to Kone.

If Martinez is to play with 2 strikers then I’d keep Jelavic to see if he can recapture some of that form under a more positive manager, but I think it’s unlikely that system will be used.

Our striking options wouldn’t look the best in all honesty, Kone, Anichebe, Velios, but with a different outlook for the team, the goals could be spread around a bit anyway, especially with Mirallas and Deulofeu being quite direct with an eye for goal.

I suspect Everton have no money, and if Jelavic can fetch 6m then Martinez can then maybe go back in for Moses or someone to play in the more advance midfield role who has a bit more mobility and creativity than what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.