Jelavic- Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

Should he stay or should he go

• Give the boy a chance- Stay

Votes: 219 75.5%
  • Get rid now before its to late

Votes: 49 16.9%
  • Not bothered- Cheese On Toast Lid

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok mate. Obviously he's just forgotten how to be a footballer - happens a lot.

He came in on the back of banging them in for rangers, mid season and just carried on in a rich vein of form. The other teams new little about him and payed little attention to him. New season, starting from scratch, after a pretty disappointing summer for both Croatia and us Pre-season he didn't have that form flowing. The other teams new his game and payed special attention to him....Dare I say, he got found out at the top level!?!?

It's why your Rooney's, Aguero's, RVP's, etc cost the big money. They find a way, even when being targeted or out of form to still have an affect on games, score goals ect...

Tell him to survive one season in the prem without a broken leg.

Because clearly this is the litmus test. it's definitely the norm... Actually,why stop there?

Fan A: "did you hear inzaghi had his leg broken, was sexually assaulted and was also defrauded of his entire fortune in a charity scam?"

Fan B: "another one of those foreigners who couldn't deal with the physicality of the premier league, that makes 8 this year"

defenders like shawcross probably will break his leg into two halves in a desperate tackle

yep, cos a much larger, more physical player would have just shrugged off the kind of horror challenge that shawcross perpetrated on Jeffers and Ramsey.

I guess within 10 games people will say this Italian does nothing but keep being offside 4 times a game and only sits on the grass and throwing his arms up when he is challenged physically for the ball.

What evidence leads you to suspect that this would be the case? The man scored 288 goals in 623 appearances at club level and 25 in 57 for his country. Well anywayz, at least your consistent. Grandiose assumption number three, well played, I feel like I should bake you a cake or something.

oh and
with Mandzukic doing everything our dear poacher could and everything our dear poacher couldn't.

Well maybe we should just sign Mandzukic then? or no wait there's probably better strikers than him, how about C.Ronaldo? jesus......

People thinking that a lad who scored 15 goals in his first 25 Everton appearances somehow did it all by sheer luck is pessimism at it's finest.

If someone comes in with a bid of £8m or £9m, majority up front, AND there is a viable replacement to be had, then consider the sale. Otherwise, he stays until AT LEAST January, because not so long ago we were all saying THIS about him: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/04/30/jelavic-beats-greats-to-10

Well put

People thinking that a lad who scored 15 goals in his first 25 Everton appearances somehow did it all by sheer luck is pessimism at it's finest.

If someone comes in with a bid of £8m or £9m, majority up front, AND there is a viable replacement to be had, then consider the sale. Otherwise, he stays until AT LEAST January, because not so long ago we were all saying THIS about him: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/04/30/jelavic-beats-greats-to-10

Because clearly this is the litmus test. it's definitely the norm... Actually,why stop there?

Fan A: "did you hear inzaghi had his leg broken, was sexually assaulted and was also defrauded of his entire fortune in a charity scam?"

Fan B: "another one of those foreigners who couldn't deal with the physicality of the premier league, that makes 8 this year"

yep, cos a much larger, more physical player would have just shrugged off the kind of horror challenge that shawcross perpetrated on Jeffers and Ramsey.

What evidence leads you to suspect that this would be the case? The man scored 288 goals in 623 appearances at club level and 25 in 57 for his country. Well anywayz, at least your consistent. Grandiose assumption number three, well played, I feel like I should bake you a cake or something.

I can argue with you all day long but I guess I'll just remind you that he's turning 40 soon. We are talking about a great footballer of a previous era, and honestly today's tactics would be very abhorrent for one to see in 2000.

A 2-3-5 was suicidal today but 90 years ago it was the only proper formation, and anyone fielding a 4-4-2 let alone a 4-6-0 will be ridiculed (before they utterly destroy their opponent). Just saying.

I can argue with you all day long but I guess I'll just remind you that he's turning 40 soon.

Do you actually think I was trying to say we should sign inzaghi this season? be a bit difficult since he retired before the start of the last one. The point that I was making was that some people think there is no room for a poacher in the modern game...Inzaghi disproves this assumption.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you have to admit that his initial purple patch is looking more and more like a fluke run as time goes on.

He wouldn't be the first to go on one mad scoring spree and then never quite hit the same heights again. Michael Ricketts (the extreme example), James Beattie, Andy Johnson, Amr Zaki and Emanuel Adebayor have all done it in recent memory.

Not counting my chickens but he looked like his old self at times today. Happy, interested, and was even getting inside the box which is new for him, rather than running down wings chasing dead balls. Scored 2, neat n tidy.

Not going to get carried away but seeing Jelavic sticking to the areas he plays best in today was very promising. Please don't sell him, Roberto. He hasn't lost anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.