Jelavic- Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

Should he stay or should he go

• Give the boy a chance- Stay

Votes: 219 75.5%
  • Get rid now before its to late

Votes: 49 16.9%
  • Not bothered- Cheese On Toast Lid

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have had a hattrick or more. If we've got Baines and Coleman pulling the ball back from the byeline and Mirallas and Pienaar playing him in he should get a lot more chances this season where he just has to put it in the net. He has to be better at doing that than anyone else on our roster.

Still think if selling him enabled us to add a few million and buy a better quality striker the we should sell.

However today reminded me of why I love him, and that song nah nah nah nah nah...jela...jela...vic.....really sounds gr8 when your in amongst it!!

...bottom line is he should stay if he's motivated and only those in FF know if that is the case. The indication last season was that he wasn't a 'good pro' and was angling for a move. If that is the case, let him go but if he's hungry to be a success then give him ago. Simple.

Do you actually think I was trying to say we should sign inzaghi this season? be a bit difficult since he retired before the start of the last one. The point that I was making was that some people think there is no room for a poacher in the modern game...Inzaghi disproves this assumption.

You missed the point. Even if he was only 20 today he will never be as highly regarded as the real pippo.

I reiterate, he is nearly 40. He belonged to an era which a poacher playing off someone else is still the norm. He simply doesn't belong to this age of the game being transformed into a gigantic midfield battle.

i was glad he snuck two in today, but we were playing Blackburn at the end of the day and they are Championship relegation candidates, so we probably can't use that game as an accurate measure of Jelavics potential this season

Still, good on him for scoring

The first goal, the quality of opposition was irrelevant. Even Buffon wouldn't have got to that header.

Not getting carried away with two goals against a terminally bad Blackburn but it shows he's still got the eye and the touch to convert when a half chance falls to him.

You missed the point. Even if he was only 20 today he will never be as highly regarded as the real pippo.

I reiterate, he is nearly 40. He belonged to an era which a poacher playing off someone else is still the norm. He simply doesn't belong to this age of the game being transformed into a gigantic midfield battle.

dude, he won the champions league six years ago at the ripe old age of '33'. Was six years ago not 'the modern game'? but hey, obviously your hyperbolic spurious assumptions are clearly more grounded than factual evidence, so you have yourself a pleasant little game of whataboutery and I'll just go with the facts...

Wow, poll is kinda harsh. Want to give him the chance to regain form after some vacation and less pressure, plus hopefully more partners upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.