2022/23 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine questions, surely HR and Employment Law apply to Footballers Contracts too?

If we have told him to stay away, fair enough but failure to turn up should start some sort of disciplinary process?

Surely we can SACK players if the circumstances allow as per normal rules for work?
Yes, the club can take legal action:

Genuine questions, surely HR and Employment Law apply to Footballers Contracts too?

If we have told him to stay away, fair enough but failure to turn up should start some sort of disciplinary process?

Surely we can SACK players if the circumstances allow as per normal rules for work?
He'll have to work through his lunch break

What gripe has he against us?
We paid his contract for ages whilst he was injured and I assume we cared for him well as we tend to do
So why the narky?
Someone sort it out and be ruthless for a change
We are not only useless but also a soft touch

Have you had a drink this morning Spadge?
I'm being serious, Mike. The lad was clearly an elite level player when we signed him but has suffered the Everton curse with a series of injuries. A gesture like making him Vice Captain could be the encouragement he needs to focus his mind. We need to plan for what we have as much as what we want as we are skint.

I'm being serious, Mike. The lad was clearly an elite level player when we signed him but has suffered the Everton curse with a series of injuries. A gesture like making him Vice Captain could be the encouragement he needs to focus his mind. We need to plan for what we have as much as what we want as we are skint.

Ah ok. Play on.

He doesn't want to be here under any circumstances. We don't want him here. Surely it's as simple as saying goodbye and cancelling the contract.

Does he really expect a payoff? If so let him rot in the reserves and fine him when he doesn't show up.

Saw this thread bumped and assumed there might be some actual news, but instead some people have made stuff up and then got dead frothy at the mouth over it.

And @Spadge Vernacular has had some kind of breakdown.

We're reaching Peak Transfer Window on GOT.
This is nowhere near the peak. We only have a few mutterings of Che Adams and Ross the Rat. The peaks will come next Thursday and 31st August.

Status
Not open for further replies.