2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't that though. He crashed into another vehicle, they swapped insurance details and the person he crashed into called the police. Gbamin stayed at the scene (obviously) and was breathalysed there.

I've not had a car crash but if the police do come (as in it's not just a small bump that you sort out without calling the police), it's standard practice for both parties to be breathalysed is it not?
I’ve written a Golf Gti off on the M53.
Never got breathalyser.

I’ve written a Golf Gti off on the M53.
Never got breathalyser.

Fair enough.

Maybe the police did just do it in this instance because of the time of night then, or because of how Gbamin seemed. I don't know. Just saying that the mail article of the court hearing stated it was the crash that happened first and that the police were subsequently called.

You can gripe all you like but the club aren't going to be ripping up his contract or 'getting rid' because of it.

He could have had two or three drinks, he could have had a skinful.

We don't know, do we. Other than he was over the limit and shouldn't have been driving. He's been punished.
Never thought for a second they would,like I said in an earlier post millionaire footballers live above the law, he'll laugh at the fine and have a driver pick him up and drop him off for training etc,and with a good accountant will right the cost of that off. Great roll model for our young fans.

Gbamin back at FF training today apparently.

giphy.gif

Never thought for a second they would,like I said in an earlier post millionaire footballers live above the law, he'll laugh at the fine and have a driver pick him up and drop him off for training etc,and with a good accountant will right the cost of that off. Great roll model for our young fans.
I don't think he'll laugh at the fine, I'm sure he's not exactly chuffed to have been in court mate. He's not evil, he did something stupid. Fortunately nobody was hurt, fortunately he has been punished as he should be. The club will/have already punish(ed) him too.

We may well move him on in January if possible but right now we can't and it's been dealt with and he's been in squads since it happened, so Benitez - who I doubt was happy - is clearly not finished with him.

It's not an example of footballers being above the law. A hell of a lot of people with DUIs do not get sacked from their jobs

I don't think he'll laugh at the fine, I'm sure he's not exactly chuffed to have been in court mate. He's not evil, he did something stupid. Fortunately nobody was hurt, fortunately he has been punished as he should be. The club will/have already punish(ed) him too.

We may well move him on in January if possible but right now we can't and it's been dealt with and he's been in squads since it happened, so Benitez - who I doubt was happy - is clearly not finished with him.

It's not an example of footballers being above the law. A hell of a lot of people with DUIs do not get sacked from their jobs

I’m sure that we’d love to move him on, but who in the right mind would take him on? Hasn’t he played about 4 games in 4 years?

I think we are going to be stuck with him for another two and a half years, and he will be nothing but useless throughout.

Would be curious to know the % of drivers on here who have never drove while over the limit (even if only an extra pint), never driven a car uninsured or have never blatantly went at least 10 mph over the speed limit...

Fair enough.

Maybe the police did just do it in this instance because of the time of night then, or because of how Gbamin seemed. I don't know. Just saying that the mail article of the court hearing stated it was the crash that happened first and that the police were subsequently called.

As said Toff it’s not compulsory for the police to do a breathalyser test at an accident, they only do it if they have reason to believe that said person has been drinking, to have given Gbamin a test he would have shown signs that he had been drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.