2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s the accusation friend?

It's not an accusation it's a wild question you've thrown out there I guess.

Mad that it's come to someone asking something like that with him though.

I think the fact he is still mentioned means there is no cover up job, though. If it was something serious, like with allegations made against another Everton player, there would be complete silence on it imo.

Mutual termination at some point you have to believe.

He'll go down as one of our worst ever signings, but unlike other candidates for that dubious honour it won't be because he's actually terrible; more that we didn't even get to see whether he was terrible or not.

The irony is that I suspect he wasn't actually good enough in the first place, based on the little I saw of him on YouTube in his pre-Everton games.

Still, as frustrating as it is for everyone, I can't blame him. Wasn't his fault he got those injuries and since then it seems like his body just hasn't been able to recover. Poor lad.

Swerve the shouts about him ripping up his contract if he had any decency though - that contract is his security. What if he never plays again?

The irony is that I suspect he wasn't actually good enough in the first place, based on the little I saw of him on YouTube in his pre-Everton games.

Still, as frustrating as it is for everyone, I can't blame him. Wasn't his fault he got those injuries and since then it seems like his body just hasn't been able to recover. Poor lad.

Swerve the shouts about him ripping up his contract if he had any decency though - that contract is his security. What if he never plays again?

There’s players who have had ACLs and broken bones that have come back to play, literally players with their ankles hanging off have made it back, yet we can’t get Gbamin back on the pitch after a muscle tear.

Yeah I don't understand those calls one bit - it's an employment contract in a physical sport, both sides agreed to it, he's entitled to the full terms of it for the duration.

I think mutual termination for an agreed fee is what will happen so the lad can go and try and rebuild his career slowly at lower levels or, if not, loans away til his contract expires. I think the realistic amongst us recognised that injury was a career changer and there was very little chance of a way back - it's just bad luck.

There’s players who have had ACLs and broken bones that have come back to play, literally players with their ankles hanging off have made it back, yet we can’t get Gbamin back on the pitch after a muscle tear.

The first injury was a muscle problem. The 2nd one was an achilles rupture, wasn't it?

An achilles rupture is just about the worst injury a footballer can get these days

Always find it mad when people say pound-for-pound, that Delph's been our worst signing for years, when we've got this fella who we signed for £24m, and has played a grand total of 4 games for us.

Can't help injuries, but my christ. 4 games. 232 minutes of football lol

The only thing that's funnier is that we're still paying Tosun £80k a week

I can’t think of another player in recent history that’s had an injury record quite like him. Only maybe Wilshere comes close. Two seasons out injured, even the likes of Carroll and Dean Ashton managed 15 games a season.

Yeah I don't understand those calls one bit - it's an employment contract in a physical sport, both sides agreed to it, he's entitled to the full terms of it for the duration.

I think mutual termination for an agreed fee is what will happen so the lad can go and try and rebuild his career slowly at lower levels or, if not, loans away til his contract expires. I think the realistic amongst us recognised that injury was a career changer and there was very little chance of a way back - it's just bad luck.

The issue is Tubey, the initial injury was in no way a career changer. Our inept medical department chose not to go down the surgery route and that pushed him back.

The Achilles injury. Yeah, that was the bad one, and then to come back from that and injure his bloody knee or whatever last season. Just awful luck.

Serves us right for a severe lack of planning though. Again, a Brands special. Didn't get the guy in until after Gueye had gone, when he should have been signed 6 months previous, when we needed a bloody midfielder anyway, to give him time to settle into the league.

Then Silva, being too eager to play with his new toy and throwing him into the PL straight away despite Gbamin himself saying he wasn't fit after the AFCON.

If he can’t get back to fitness we need a competent central midfielder in January. No wonder Benitez was trying to get Maitland Niles on loan. We can’t count on Gbamin or Delph at all for consistent games so we are effectively down to a starting pair of Allan and Docuoure then straight into Davies or Gomes replacing them. If Allan or Doucoure gets injured we’re basically screwed and would struggle to beat any team, especially if they’re injured at the same time as DCL and Richarlison being out.

Status
Not open for further replies.