2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good first hour, faded late on, still looked generally off the pace. Some shocking touches and passes along with moments of brilliance - hard one to read.

On way back from the game now. Not looking good for Gibson. I mean Gbamin. Looks unfit, and a poor passer. Still early days like.
I'm on the way back from the bog after taking a post game dump after watching the game on my laptop. Gbamin did ok. Each game he will improve & we need to give these new guys fair time.

I'm on the way back from the bog after taking a post game dump after watching the game on my laptop. Gbamin did ok. Each game he will improve & we need to give these new guys fair time.

Very early days, he looked shocked by the pace, be interesting to see if he adapts.

Looks a good strong player. Needs some time. Only negative was his passing was off and held the ball a little too long and got caught in possession a couple times. Got the distance wrong on some passes but given time will figure out his teammates and what they can do.

Wingers should stay high and wide whenever he has the ball. I think he is a good transition player for counter attacking football, his diagonal Long ball is impressive, our wingers must have the habit of anticipating passes from deep and start their run early to fully benefit from his ability.

Clearly played within himself today and you could tell it was because he looked a tad nervous.

That said, showed flashes of what he's about. Needs time to acclimatise to the league, but that 90 minutes today will be invaluable.

I agree with most. Had a good enough game. Very good at breaking up the play and making his presence felt. Perhaps a bit sloppy on the ball but that will improve in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.