2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a few really questionable decisions and clearly isn't confident yet, but that's all understandable in the circumstances.

Encouragingly appears to have everything else, going on the little we've seen of him.

I actually thought we were so exposed in the middle. Probably needed another body in there to help him. Better performance though and his position allows Gomes to be further forward which can only be a good thing.

A little bit slow on the ball in the first, better in the second half, when everyone's heads were falling off booting it out towards end seemed to look quite calm.

Just maybe calm down on the chipped to waist balls when a ground pass would be sound.

I think he just needs to get used to his teammates.

Some of his passing was sublime if our players were 1 foot faster on their runs. Just needs to get used to their pace i think.

His long passes are another weapon.

He's vastly improved from last week.
It may take us a season to see the best of him but for now he's shown enough to suggest he can be a capable replacement for gueye.

I think he just needs to get used to his teammates.

Some of his passing was sublime if our players were 1 foot faster on their runs. Just needs to get used to their pace i think.

His long passes are another weapon.

I wouldn't go that far personally. I think his passing wasn't great today which is fair enough given the circumstances. It is very encouraging he was going for those passes in the first place though. A bit more sharpness and hopefully he'll be pulling them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.