2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I watched a different game. I thought he did ok, especially for the first fifteen after halftime. I really didnt see hm as bad as a lot of people did.

He was doing well until he have the ball away twice in quick succession which Palace nearly scored off.. after that his confidence was shot and it was all downhill from there.

We gotta give him time, hopefully as a professional footballer he can erase today from his memory.

Some guys really should be ashamed.
He is less than half a game into his new club career . Speaks a different language probably , has been playing in a different country, will have hardly have trained with his new team mates , and is playing in terrible weather conditions. Some are already writing him off. Give your heads a wobble. Pathetic response.

I am guessing Gbamin wouldn’t have played at all if Gomes didn’t get hurt. If he did, I imagine it would have been him to come on for Schneiderlin late if they were a couple of goals ahead, just for a run out. Imagine giving this guy grief when he’s been here not even a week, isn’t fully fit, barely knows his teammates, and was forced to play much more than planned today.

It was only a few days ago the lad was openly admitting in an interview that he wasn't fit enough yet to be playing and needed a bit more time. He came on and did his best but it was never going to be a blinder at this stage. Will be fine in a week or 2 when he has settled and got match fit.

He will be fine. He will bring some steel to the midfield we need that. Debut was a bit rough but also had some good moments. Considering he isnt game fit I thought he moved well.

AFCON + late transfer. By his own admission he said this game would be too early. Think it was a bad choice from Silva to put him on.

Hope his confidence didn't take a hit. I think he will prove to be good once fully fit and adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.