2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

summerisle

The rain, it raineth every day
Buck passing alert.



Everton boss Marco Silva reveals Jean-Philippe Gbamin plan as injury rehab begins

Everton will not allow Jean-Philippe Gbamin to become isolated from the rest of the squad as he begins his recovery from surgery.
The summer signing went under the knife last week on a tendon problem in his right quadriceps and is expected to be sidelined until at least January.

Gbamin sustained the injury when taking a shot during a training session in August but was only initially going to be sidelined until November.
The need for surgery had been discussed but Everton, with the help of specialist advice, decided it could be avoided.

But when Gbamin, who made only two appearances before injury struck, returned to light training on the pitches at Finch Farm at the start of this month he felt as though his thigh was still not right and so the decision to book him in for surgery in France was taken.
Blues boss Marco Silva says the 24-year-old is an “optimist” and he is determined to involve the Ivory Coast international in as many squad activities as he can while he undergoes his extensive rehabilitation programme.

Gbamin was part of Friday’s pre-match analysis session ahead of the West Ham game and Silva plans on including the £25m midfielder in the meetings throughout his spell on the sidelines.

“He is an optimist,” Silva told the ECHO.

“But, of course, the injury is not a good thing. I spoke with before the surgery to give him all my support.

“He is involved already, he was in the meeting with his team-mates [on Friday morning] when we were analysing some thing because I always want him there.

“It is tough to him but he is an optimist and we are here to support him and get him ready as soon as possible.
“But, now you know, we have to be patient.”

Everton’s official statement last week said Gbamin is expected to be out for “around three months” although Silva has suggested it is possible he could be without the midfielder for a little longer.

“When he started to do something a little bit different, because he had been in the gym,” he said.
“It was the first time he was on the pitch he, straight away, he felt something, a sensation.
“Like you know, the specialist is not our doctor, we found a specialist to send the player to.

“They took a decision, they were in doubts in the beginning to do surgery or not, but they took the decision together and unfortunately for us, now after one month, the specialist has seen the player and decided to go in this way.

“It is not the best thing but it is what it is now. It is always unfortunate when it happens to a player but worse when it is a young player like J-P. But now we have to support him.
“Unfortunately for the team, we don’t have him for the next three [months].. let’s see, if not more.”
 

Disgruntledgoat

Player Valuation: £25m
Buck passing alert.



Everton boss Marco Silva reveals Jean-Philippe Gbamin plan as injury rehab begins

Everton will not allow Jean-Philippe Gbamin to become isolated from the rest of the squad as he begins his recovery from surgery.
The summer signing went under the knife last week on a tendon problem in his right quadriceps and is expected to be sidelined until at least January.

Gbamin sustained the injury when taking a shot during a training session in August but was only initially going to be sidelined until November.
The need for surgery had been discussed but Everton, with the help of specialist advice, decided it could be avoided.

But when Gbamin, who made only two appearances before injury struck, returned to light training on the pitches at Finch Farm at the start of this month he felt as though his thigh was still not right and so the decision to book him in for surgery in France was taken.
Blues boss Marco Silva says the 24-year-old is an “optimist” and he is determined to involve the Ivory Coast international in as many squad activities as he can while he undergoes his extensive rehabilitation programme.

Gbamin was part of Friday’s pre-match analysis session ahead of the West Ham game and Silva plans on including the £25m midfielder in the meetings throughout his spell on the sidelines.

“He is an optimist,” Silva told the ECHO.

“But, of course, the injury is not a good thing. I spoke with before the surgery to give him all my support.

“He is involved already, he was in the meeting with his team-mates [on Friday morning] when we were analysing some thing because I always want him there.

“It is tough to him but he is an optimist and we are here to support him and get him ready as soon as possible.
“But, now you know, we have to be patient.”

Everton’s official statement last week said Gbamin is expected to be out for “around three months” although Silva has suggested it is possible he could be without the midfielder for a little longer.

“When he started to do something a little bit different, because he had been in the gym,” he said.
“It was the first time he was on the pitch he, straight away, he felt something, a sensation.
“Like you know, the specialist is not our doctor, we found a specialist to send the player to.

“They took a decision, they were in doubts in the beginning to do surgery or not, but they took the decision together and unfortunately for us, now after one month, the specialist has seen the player and decided to go in this way.

“It is not the best thing but it is what it is now. It is always unfortunate when it happens to a player but worse when it is a young player like J-P. But now we have to support him.
“Unfortunately for the team, we don’t have him for the next three [months].. let’s see, if not more.”
How's he passing the buck? Surely he can only act on the advice of the medical team.
 

davids

Player Valuation: £50m
Buck passing alert.



Everton boss Marco Silva reveals Jean-Philippe Gbamin plan as injury rehab begins

Everton will not allow Jean-Philippe Gbamin to become isolated from the rest of the squad as he begins his recovery from surgery.
The summer signing went under the knife last week on a tendon problem in his right quadriceps and is expected to be sidelined until at least January.

Gbamin sustained the injury when taking a shot during a training session in August but was only initially going to be sidelined until November.
The need for surgery had been discussed but Everton, with the help of specialist advice, decided it could be avoided.

But when Gbamin, who made only two appearances before injury struck, returned to light training on the pitches at Finch Farm at the start of this month he felt as though his thigh was still not right and so the decision to book him in for surgery in France was taken.
Blues boss Marco Silva says the 24-year-old is an “optimist” and he is determined to involve the Ivory Coast international in as many squad activities as he can while he undergoes his extensive rehabilitation programme.

Gbamin was part of Friday’s pre-match analysis session ahead of the West Ham game and Silva plans on including the £25m midfielder in the meetings throughout his spell on the sidelines.

“He is an optimist,” Silva told the ECHO.

“But, of course, the injury is not a good thing. I spoke with before the surgery to give him all my support.

“He is involved already, he was in the meeting with his team-mates [on Friday morning] when we were analysing some thing because I always want him there.


“It is tough to him but he is an optimist and we are here to support him and get him ready as soon as possible.
“But, now you know, we have to be patient.”

Everton’s official statement last week said Gbamin is expected to be out for “around three months” although Silva has suggested it is possible he could be without the midfielder for a little longer.

“When he started to do something a little bit different, because he had been in the gym,” he said.
“It was the first time he was on the pitch he, straight away, he felt something, a sensation.
“Like you know, the specialist is not our doctor, we found a specialist to send the player to.

“They took a decision, they were in doubts in the beginning to do surgery or not, but they took the decision together and unfortunately for us, now after one month, the specialist has seen the player and decided to go in this way.

“It is not the best thing but it is what it is now. It is always unfortunate when it happens to a player but worse when it is a young player like J-P. But now we have to support him.
“Unfortunately for the team, we don’t have him for the next three [months].. let’s see, if not more.”
You'd imagine that would be a given with any first team squad member?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top