2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quad tear followed by a dead tissue scraping will do that, he's about at the right stage considering a full muscle tear of that part is usually 6-8 months which would have put him back around Feb at the earliest, the fact they had to put him under the knife again to clear the dead/scar tissue from a previous injury has set it back another 2 months. Had the the season carried on, in a non-Covid universe, he'd have been on course to play some part in the final two games barring no additional setbacks. If, big if, football resumes behind closed doors to finish the season, then he may have a chance of a few run outs
At least theres no temptation for them to rush him back too early.

Good news, as I read it, in normal times he is 3 weeks away from resuming full training with the squad, so if we did return in early June (5 weeks), he could be ready to go!

This could be the biggest positive of this entire Covid debacle - that he essentially gets a competitive 7-9 game pre-season ahead of a proper start for 2020/2021.

Fingers crossed he delivers on the potential. "Will feel like a new signing"

Reminding me of Kone in Martinez's first year this. Was supposed to play a massive part this season but so many plans went completely out the window. He better be worth the wait.

Good news, as I read it, in normal times he is 3 weeks away from resuming full training with the squad, so if we did return in early June (5 weeks), he could be ready to go!

This could be the biggest positive of this entire Covid debacle - that he essentially gets a competitive 7-9 game pre-season ahead of a proper start for 2020/2021.

Fingers crossed he delivers on the potential. "Will feel like a new signing"
With the length of time he's been out, hopefully it doesn't take him to long to get back up to speed.

I hope his training at home includes running, as he ran passed my little lad and me about 5 times yesterday. At the back of pub in the park in woolton.

Status
Not open for further replies.