2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

I don’t think the ‘top 6 bias’ is actually that relevant to England squads these days tbh. Obviously the better players generally play for the top clubs, but there are loads of players in this squad not from the top 6 (including our goalkeeper)
Keane, Godfrey and DCL all had chances to impress at international level.
We'll see if Branthwaite stays in the squad above Gomez and Quansah. If he does, I'll accept there's no scab 6 bias, if not....

We'll see if Branthwaite stays in the squad above Gomez and Quansah. If he does, I'll accept there's no scab 6 bias, if not....

Quansah won’t get in but Gomes will as he can cover full back which we absolutely need.
He’s got 4 Palace players and dropped Sterling, Rashford and Henderson. I’d guess that he wants the best players..

Quansah won’t get in but Gomes will as he can cover full back which we absolutely need.
He’s got 4 Palace players and dropped Sterling, Rashford and Henderson. I’d guess that he wants the best players..
Of course, and I'm sure it's not a conscious ploy to boost the scab 6 contingent, but he has a habit of sticking with players from those clubs when they're out of form and on the wane (Henderson and Maguire spring to mind - granted he's finally dropped Henderson, although he is no longer a scab 6 player, and Maguire's form eventually picked up). It must be hard to filter out all of the hype and propaganda in the media when you're an international boss.
I any case if Branthwaite is staying, I'd rather he doesn't go to the Euros (who cares about international football any more), and if he's going I hope he goes, tears it up, and adds an extra £20m to his fee!

Thought the the three had gone backpacking for 12 months. Can’t expect to make the squad doing what they did this season