2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

We would be insane to consider selling for anything less than100 million

I hope he stays and we build a team around him

In normal operating conditions I would hope to get at least £80m for Branthwaite.

Unfortunately the club is financially distressed with no bargaining power so I would expect him to go for about £50m.

I dont think hes been a main stay at all, he took a couple of years to establish himself there and definitely went through periods where he has been out of the team because he wasn't trusted, hes had his problems with injury of course and its a high bar admittedly at CIty and Pep likes Hybrid players - which has worked for him.

Im always amazed when people think stepping out into midfield in new for him - he was doing it here. I actually think hes a bit late to the party at it at City, with his ability he should have been doing it more and for a longer time ago. I actually think he is a better deep lying midfielder then he is a centre half (thought that when he was here) - hes an average but competent defender - but his skills are ball at feet - that makes him different and a type of hybrid player Pep aims for.

But hybrid or inverted defender thing isnt new, in fact most modern systems are developing toward it and i think people are just noticing it more - even Mordor are playing TAA as a deep lying playmaker.

Im not necessarily criticing Stones, i just thought when he left here he had a higher ceiling in terms of impact and performance to become a real leader and a great player - hes a very good player. People will talk about what hes won - but i dont mush integrity or worth on Citys trophies personally - ive given my reasons a lot on here as to why.

I think Brantnthwaite is better. Hes twice the defender and equally as composed with ball at feet and his technique and vision are excellent, i think hes a more impactful player on the game. Hes a generational talent.
I think you are over estimating Branthwaites ability on the ball there mate.
Branthwaite isn't asked to do the same things Stones does with the ball! And we haven't really seen him 'have to' use his vision.
Jarrad is a brilliant defender, good on the ball and knows when to play it, and knows when to get rid! He takes less risks than someone like Stones. Thats not me saying pne is better than the other as both styles have there merits, depending on the side you play for!

Ironically, as a pair! They would be excellent together for England

I think you are over estimating Branthwaites ability on the ball there mate.
Branthwaite isn't asked to do the same things Stones does with the ball! And we haven't really seen him 'have to' use his vision.
Jarrad is a brilliant defender, good on the ball and knows when to play it, and knows when to get rid! He takes less risks than someone like Stones. Thats not me saying pne is better than the other as both styles have there merits, depending on the side you play for!

Ironically, as a pair! They would be excellent together for England

Personally disagree with you there mate - but all about opinions.

Not sure on playing together either, but the England central defence is a mystery to me, only for it i think they could win something.

In normal operating conditions I would hope to get at least £80m for Branthwaite.

Unfortunately the club is financially distressed with no bargaining power so I would expect him to go for about £50m.
That's the fee being mentioned because United are starting to feel P&S pinch.. lost 150 million in the latest accounts, got fined by UEFA for breaching FFP.. no hope he's going for just 50 million, you are talking a near record fee for a CB.. £50 million plus slab head on loan for the remainder of his contract with United picking up 100% his salary then maybe.

I think we're going to get robbed for Jarrad personally. There's a vacuum of leadership at the top so no one's going to really stand tall against low-ball offers if it helps with PSR standings. United will probably come in with a lower offer that has more cash up front and we'll capitulate so we have a chance of avoiding punishment. Everton and selling young players for way less than they're worth so we can avoid financial ruin. Stop me if you've heard that one before.

I think we're going to get robbed for Jarrad personally. There's a vacuum of leadership at the top so no one's going to really stand tall against low-ball offers if it helps with PSR standings. United will probably come in with a lower offer that has more cash up front and we'll capitulate so we have a chance of avoiding punishment. Everton and selling young players for way less than they're worth so we can avoid financial ruin. Stop me if you've heard that one before.
What’s the most we get deducted if we breach again , 4 maybe like forest. So no point selling cheap and hopefully a couple clubs come for Onana as well

What’s the most we get deducted if we breach again , 4 maybe like forest. So no point selling cheap and hopefully a couple clubs come for Onana as well
I would agree with throwing caution to the wind if the PL punishments were consistent. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Forest got away with only 4 due to the fact that part of their financial window was during their time in the championship so they weren't punished as harshly. If Everton told the Prem to do one and went wildly over, I think we'd see more than 4. Especially since we have a history of it now.

I would agree with throwing caution to the wind if the PL punishments were consistent. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Forest got away with only 4 due to the fact that part of their financial window was during their time in the championship so they weren't punished as harshly. If Everton told the Prem to do one and went wildly over, I think we'd see more than 4. Especially since we have a history of it now.
But I think the initial punishment of 10 points was considered ridiculous, also Forest lost more than us and from spending on players, with ours being linked to the stadium costs as well. I’d imagine 6 maximum and a point or two dropped off on appeal. Branthwaite is worth more than that

Monster player, shame we have to sell him to cover the £30m a year interest on the club’s debt.

I think we’ll sell him for around £60m - he’s worth £80m if the club was in a more secure position though.