2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

I hope Dyche is looking at options for Centre Half rather than relying on Keane or Godfrey for next season. I suppose it depends which division we're in. As for Branthwaite I think we'll get £70 million, I suspect £7 million will go to Carlisle which will be massive for them. £42 million to pay for Beto and Chermiti, leaving £21 million which hopefully Dyche will be allowed to spend.

Thats just depressing

I hope Dyche is looking at options for Centre Half rather than relying on Keane or Godfrey for next season. I suppose it depends which division we're in. As for Branthwaite I think we'll get £70 million, I suspect £7 million will go to Carlisle which will be massive for them. £42 million to pay for Beto and Chermiti, leaving £21 million which hopefully Dyche will be allowed to spend.
I love how our fans just make tosh up to make a poor situation seem worse.

Which bit did I make up? Carlisle have already said they have a sell on clause, and the £42 million for Beto and Chermiti was widely reported.

But we aren't obliged to pay that 42 million pound in full this summer; we are obliged to pay a fraction of the fee, and I don't think it's true to say that revenues derived from the sale of Branthwaite are going to be required to make these payments. We'd make the required payments whether we sold Branthwaite or not, from alternative revenue sources.

But we aren't obliged to pay that 42 million pound in full this summer; we are obliged to pay a fraction of the fee, and I don't think it's true to say that revenues derived from the sale of Branthwaite are going to be required to make these payments. We'd make the required payments whether we sold Branthwaite or not, from alternative revenue sources.
I mean we dont have alternative revenue sources.

That doesnt mean we will pay the full fee this Summer.

Hope not.

Given our parlous finances I think it's fair to assume we need a net zero spend on transfers. Therefore to pay for Beto and Chermiti, not to mention signing on fees for any out of contract players we want to retain, we'll probably need to sell.

I mean we dont have alternative revenue sources.

That doesnt mean we will pay the full fee this Summer.

We do tho, Everton have multiple sources of revenue. It's not true to say Everton only have one source of revenue in the form of player sales. This is the type of thing that people are referring to when they talk about people making things up just to make our situation sound even worse than it is.

Given our parlous finances I think it's fair to assume we need a net zero spend on transfers. Therefore to pay for Beto and Chermiti, not to mention signing on fees for any out of contract players we want to retain, we'll probably need to sell.

It would make sense to sell him anyway. Not many are arguing against his proposed sale, but I prefer to see it as an opportunity to strengthen the squad, and I'm not on board with the 'Arteta Money' predictions, or the embellishment of our financial circumstances.

We do tho, Everton have multiple sources of revenue. It's not true to say Everton only have one source of revenue in the form of player sales. This is the type of thing that people are referring to when they talk about people making things up just to make our situation sound even worse than it is.

It would make sense to sell him anyway. Not many are arguing against his proposed sale, but I prefer to see it as an opportunity to strengthen the squad, and I'm not on board with the 'Arteta Money' predictions, or the embellishment of our financial circumstances.
Must be another club posting loses of 100m a year then.

My mistake, we have BIGLY revenue streams.

Must be another club posting loses of 100m a year then.

My mistake, we have BIGLY revenue streams.

Yes, that's correct. The TV deal is typically our biggest source of revenue, I think it brought in around 150 million last season.

Everyone knows that our finances aren't great, but we don't need to embellish that fact, and we certainly don't need to pretend that we only have one source of revenue in the form of player sales.
Branthwaites sale will be used in part to fund the purchases of other players and probably also to pay off debt.

Thats my humble opinion.

If you dont agree or im wrong, then great stuff.

Of course we have revenue streams, it was merely hyperbole, but I see you aint here to play.