2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

£40mil + £5mil which i think we'd get.

I think that was a fair price at the time...but seeing him in the England squad feels like 'if only'. Especially seeing our options now.

Branthwaite has a different vibe to him and while I could see Gordon in/around the squad...i could see our centre back as being the best in England soon.

A fair point. But we are the ones who set the fee. I feel that £125mil seems very high but on the other hand Caicedo & Rice went for around that and Branthwaite will become a better player imo albeit in a different position.

Additionally, we should be thinking about rebuilding the first 11 and how much that would cost.

If we sell Branthwaite we would need to replace him & bring in at least 2 similar age high potential players to start.

Thats not going to be cheap
You're right in a sense that we can set the fee but I feel the club's financial status and us being a shambles on it will determine what he actually goes for.

Both Brighton & West Ham slapped stupid prices on their key players and they got it because they had bargaining chips to justify them:
- Neither club needed to sell and were financially stable
- Caicedo had just played a huge role in Brighton overachieving in the league and getting into Europe.
- Rice, in addition to being a England regular, captained his team to a European cup and more European football.

Not Jarred's fault he can't do that but top clubs will probably bid £60-70m and laugh at the valuation we set and walk away. We don't hold any cards, we're diabolical on and off the pitch and would pressured into selling low.

So unless, Jarred starts for England at the Euro's or continues to score and perform worldies in league, we're not getting the silly prices others went for.

We need to be careful not to do a Spurs...they sold Bale and replaced with 7 players:

Lamela
Soldado
Chiriches
Paulinho
Capoue
Eriksen
Chadli

A hit rate of 1 in 7 isnt ideal lol
The hit rate will be a bit better with the Branthwaite money:

Finish the barrel cladding
Put in lower tier seats
Installation of the pitch
Western terrace canal
Home dressing room jacuzzi
Pump house restaurant fittings
Heritage rail tracks

Gordon had burned his bridges, was playing terribly, and at the time was an extremely average winger. Even in his top form he’s on the cusp of the England squad vying with the likes of Bowen Palmer etc. he’s never going to be up with Bellingham Foden Saka as the top attacking players for England. I think we got a very good price for him.

Branthwaite could walk into the England team tomorrow at LCB alongside Stones. He could walk into most teams in the world in that position easily. He therefore demands a far higher fee in my opinion . If we sell him and then find that someone bids more for a Guehi or Tomori we’ll be kicking ourselves for not demanding higher.

Stones went for 50 mill for a CB back in 2016, that was a record at the time. We should be looking for a similar level for a similar player. The record is 80 mill for Maguire. It should be up in that region no question.

I usually don’t like to over hype players but Jarrod is absolutely the real deal already.

He is already a top PL CB and has everything needed to be a truly great player apart from experience.

Much better than stones defensively when he left, doesn’t look as calm on the ball as stones did but that’s a style thing imo. He is just as effective as stones , stones just looked smoother .

He is better in the air, doesn’t get beaten for strength or pace ( Haaland exception) , doesn’t get booked, has a goal in him and has been one of the rare highlights of watching us this season.

I laughed at Zat when he was talking of 100m at the start of the season but I would 100% be pushing for a world record for a defender fee if we are to sell him, which unfortunately looks like the most likely outcome.

I usually don’t like to over hype players but Jarrod is absolutely the real deal already.

He is already a top PL CB and has everything needed to be a truly great player apart from experience.

Much better than stones defensively when he left, doesn’t look as calm on the ball as stones did but that’s a style thing imo. He is just as effective as stones , stones just looked smoother .

He is better in the air, doesn’t get beaten for strength or pace ( Haaland exception) , doesn’t get booked, has a goal in him and has been one of the rare highlights of watching us this season.

I laughed at Zat when he was talking of 100m at the start of the season but I would 100% be pushing for a world record for a defender fee if we are to sell him, which unfortunately looks like the most likely outcome.
Sure he's had over 5 bookings

Sure he's had over 5 bookings

Think he got them quite early if I remember rightly as I’m sure him, young and someone else could have all been out for the same game earlier in the season.

Never the less , for a team that constantly is without the ball and is defending, he never seems to miss a match through suspension.

Him and tarks being basically ever present is absolutely massive for us.

Think he got them quite early if I remember rightly as I’m sure him, young and someone else could have all been out for the same game earlier in the season.

Never the less , for a team that constantly is without the ball and is defending, he never seems to miss a match through suspension.

Yeah think he missed Burnley away mate

I hope Dyche is looking at options for Centre Half rather than relying on Keane or Godfrey for next season. I suppose it depends which division we're in. As for Branthwaite I think we'll get £70 million, I suspect £7 million will go to Carlisle which will be massive for them. £42 million to pay for Beto and Chermiti, leaving £21 million which hopefully Dyche will be allowed to spend.

Branthwaite, Tarkowski and Pickford keeping us conceding like a top half side is the reason we aren't already as doomed as Sheffield and Burnley appear to be.