2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

It’s a shame the state the club is in. We have some young talent, but we don’t have the ability to expand upon it. As a result, we will probably lose some players in the upcoming window. The league and Moshiri killed us with their collective stupidity.

I turn 30 this year. It's been this way for as long as I can remember. I know it's easier said than done, but we never get ourselves into a position where we can hold onto young talent and progress.

It’s a shame the state the club is in. We have some young talent, but we don’t have the ability to expand upon it. As a result, we will probably lose some players in the upcoming window. The league and Moshiri killed us with their collective stupidity.
Yeah, it's a bit sad that every time he does something great people's reaction (mine included) isn't "this kid is going to be the heart of our defence for the next ten years" but instead is "we're getting so much money for this kid".

It's been much like that for as long as I can remember mind you, even in more stable times. For any club outside the scab 6 there's almost no point getting attached to your best players, your only hope is to rinse as much as possible a la Brighton then invest well.

I'd love to watch him in a blue jersey for the next 3 or 4 years but realistically a massive fee for the lad could make an enormous difference to our finances and (hopefully) to the overall depth of the squad.

I rate the lad extremely highly, and I maintain my stance that we should be demanding 100 million for him, and if the demand isn’t met then we should just keep him.

But I can see Manchester United getting their hands on him and offering someone like Maguire in part-exchange, like they did with the Lukaku and Rooney deal. Something like 70m + Maguire.

I’m just saying, something very similar happened with our previous record sale, and I wouldn’t be surprised if something similar to that happens again.

I rate the lad extremely highly, and I maintain my stance that we should be demanding 100 million for him, and if the demand isn’t met then we should just keep him.

But I can see Manchester United getting their hands on him and offering someone like Maguire in part-exchange, like they did with the Lukaku and Rooney deal. Something like 70m + Maguire.

I’m just saying, something very similar happened with our previous record sale, and I wouldn’t be surprised if something similar to that happens again.

He's on 150k+ p/w, he's not joining us

If I were advising him I'd be telling him to swerve that club hard unless he wants to kill his career. I still hold out hope we can keep him next season at the least (yeah right)

He's on 150k+ p/w, he's not joining us

Rooney was on double that, took the pay cut, and signed for Everton.

Maguire only has one year left on his contract. I’m not in love with Maguire, nor am I married to this prospect / suggestion. But I don’t think it’s far fetched when it comes to dealings between Everton and Manchester United.