2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

For those of us on at decent prices for him making the Euros, I read somewhere that Southgate said something along the lines of, it's very possible for one or two uncapped players to still make the squad. I.e., surely he was referring to Branthwaite.

My view is if he maintains his current form and remains injury free he will be in the England squad for the two friendlies in March. He then needs to not do a Ben Godfrey and actually look very composed and play with extreme swagger - as I would expect him to do so.

Regards Everton I hope he stays for another 18 months for all the reasons given - ideally longer but need to be realistic.

I like Onana, I think he has loads of potential and is a very good player at the moment, but, if it means we can get another year out of Branthwaite, then sell Onana. After the Euros, where Branthwaite will surely go, his value will be through the roof, he's that good, he will absolutely sparkle in that competition and be worth a small fortune. I'd love us to keep both of them, but realistically, they both go over the next 12 months. I hope Onana goes first if we are desperate to sell. After the Euros I think Branthwaite may well fetch a record fee for a defender.

They’re different players but yes he’s already ahead in some areas & his ceiling is right up there.

That’s not knocking Stones at all who I’ve always thought is a magnificent footballer and should continue to be for many more years.
We didn’t see the best of Stones while he was here, there were still several holes in his game.

Not many names come to mind recently who have established themselves this early in their PL careers the way Branthwaite has. John Terrry maybe? I’m sure I’m forgetting others, but his consistency (small sample size, mind you) is extraordinary

We didn’t see the best of Stones while he was here, there were still several holes in his game.

Not many names come to mind recently who have established themselves this early in their PL careers the way Branthwaite has. John Terrry maybe? I’m sure I’m forgetting others, but his consistency (small sample size, mind you) is extraordinary
There were valid criticisms of Stones as he was developing here. But only a few couldn’t see he was going to be a top drawer defender.

Branthwaite’s on the Rio Ferdinand at West Ham path..breaks through, gets first England cap young, sold for pretty big money.