2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Very calm, very composed, very talented. Looks like he should be starting every week.

But.

He seems to be playing too far over on the left, leaving large gaps between himself and Tarkowski. I expect two centre backs to be playing closer together. I am guessing PSV play a back 3 and he was on the left of the 3, so probably instinctive for him to play out there. Hoping he gets a bit tighter with Tarkowski in second half before Wolves take advantage of it.

Other than that, he looks like he may be the centre half we have been crying out for

Very calm, very composed, very talented. Looks like he should be starting every week.

But.

He seems to be playing too far over on the left, leaving large gaps between himself and Tarkowski. I expect two centre backs to be playing closer together. I am guessing PSV play a back 3 and he was on the left of the 3, so probably instinctive for him to play out there. Hoping he gets a bit tighter with Tarkowski in second half before Wolves take advantage of it.

PSV back 4. It's just how modern teams play, and how we should play, where you split your CB's more and have one midfield drop in between.