2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Heard from a good pal of Branthwaite (played with him in Carlisle junior teams.) that he is totally pissed off with Dyche. Both he and PSV both wanted Jarrod to stay in Holland, with Everton saying no to a deal. Told him that he would be a starter, not a bench warmer. Also thinks the training is bland, repetitive, and old-fashioned compared to his time at PSV . Not keen on Pickford either who is very unpopular with most of the team as well.
Carlisle United fan here, I like popping into other forums, just to keep tabs on our old players. Jarrod is a great kid and if nurtured properly will end up being a top PL defender for many years. I think he is at a great club at Everton and I wish you success for the rest of the season. Sadly you currently have a dinosaur for a manager. A club of Everton's stature deserves so much better.

Heard from a good pal of Branthwaite (played with him in Carlisle junior teams.) that he is totally pissed off with Dyche. Both he and PSV both wanted Jarrod to stay in Holland, with Everton saying no to a deal. Told him that he would be a starter, not a bench warmer. Also thinks the training is bland, repetitive, and old-fashioned compared to his time at PSV . Not keen on Pickford either who is very unpopular with most of the team as well.
Carlisle United fan here, I like popping into other forums, just to keep tabs on our old players. Jarrod is a great kid and if nurtured properly will end up being a top PL defender for many years. I think he is at a great club at Everton and I wish you success for the rest of the season. Sadly you currently have a dinosaur for a manager. A club of Everton's stature deserves so much better.
I genuinely don't believe a word of this because it's all so easily disproven. Pickford is visibly probably the second most popular member of the squad behind Seamus, you can see it in all the videos and everything they put out. Even a little thing but none of them call him Jordan or Pickford, it's "Pickers", you don't have nicknames like that for people you don't like.

As for Dyche and his training he's literally been lauded by numerous players for having great trainings, it's tough but it's never been criticised as boring, that's a pure media narrative. He's literally known as an incredibly intricate manager in training and with tactics. Genuinely his reputation is 90% judging a book by it's cover and then the rest is judging it on a Burnley side that had no money, which overachieved.

As for Branthwaite I think his time will come in this side, probably this weekend or next. I said it a few pages back but we did the same with John Stones when he broke through. Sylvain Distin was stinking the place out like Keane is now, everyone knew he needed to be replaced but Martinez waited for him to basically play his way out of the team so that Stones could come in, with no real pressure, as if he made a mistake there wouldn't be calls to get him out as we knew how bad Distin had gotten.

I genuinely don't believe a word of this because it's all so easily disproven. Pickford is visibly probably the second most popular member of the squad behind Seamus, you can see it in all the videos and everything they put out. Even a little thing but none of them call him Jordan or Pickford, it's "Pickers", you don't have nicknames like that for people you don't like.

As for Dyche and his training he's literally been lauded by numerous players for having great trainings, it's tough but it's never been criticised as boring, that's a pure media narrative. He's literally known as an incredibly intricate manager in training and with tactics. Genuinely his reputation is 90% judging a book by it's cover and then the rest is judging it on a Burnley side that had no money, which overachieved.

As for Branthwaite I think his time will come in this side, probably this weekend or next. I said it a few pages back but we did the same with John Stones when he broke through. Sylvain Distin was stinking the place out like Keane is now, everyone knew he needed to be replaced but Martinez waited for him to basically play his way out of the team so that Stones could come in, with no real pressure, as if he made a mistake there wouldn't be calls to get him out as we knew how bad Distin had gotten.
Ha ha, you're such a Dyche fanboy. It's laughable. Tell me again how great Keane is.

maury-well.gif

If the training is so great, how come we look totally disjointed and all over the place when we actually play ?

Probably rose tinted glasses like but I don't ever remember Distin stinking the place out, Distin's age caught up with him, just like Cahill and Pienaar but damn... I would have rather had Distin than Kean.... Any day of the week. Kean is and always has been a dog and not fit for purpose. If Dyce continues to pick him, either due to loyalty or hoping he comes good deserves nothing but what will inevitably come in January.

Ha ha, you're such a Dyche fanboy. It's laughable. Tell me again how great Keane is.
How am I a Dyche fanboy? Also I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m one of the most vocal Keane haters on this forum. What are you on about?
God forbid we look for a bit of stability under Dyche, who yes I think at the level we’re at is a good manager. I don’t think that’s a controversial opinion.

I’ve been critical of any manager or player who’s deserved it and with Dyche I’ve said I understand why he plays Keane but detest the reasoning. Other than that (which is a big issue) I don’t see how much blame could be put at Dyche’s feet for how we’ve started the season. He can’t come on against Fulham himself and score the 4 tap ins we had, he can’t come onto the pitch against Villa and easily stop 2 or 3 of the goals that Keane should’ve.

If he continues to play Keane fair enough give him grief but he’s a manager that is generally doing the best with what he has and I back him.

Probably rose tinted glasses like but I don't ever remember Distin stinking the place out, Distin's age caught up with him, just like Cahill and Pienaar but damn... I would have rather had Distin than Kean.... Any day of the week. Kean is and always has been a dog and not fit for purpose. If Dyce continues to pick him, either due to loyalty or hoping he comes good deserves nothing but what will inevitably come in January.
If I remember right his legs went completely and it was very noticeable. He’d always get dribbled past and started making silly mistakes.

In retrospect that version or Distin though would definitely get in our current side, the difference was back then we were actually decent and getting into Europe and he just wasn’t up to that sort of level anymore.

this, I know he will make mistakes but he will get better, we have already seen 'prime' Michael Keane and I have eye aids from watching.
Yes start him I agree....it must happen. Be good to have someone sharp enough to defend the box both in the air and on the ground instead of the dilatory, lazy-arsed ball watchers were saddled with. If Dyche wont do without his regular fix of Keane, though hes neither use nor ornament generally, he might prove at least some use up front in our desperation. At least hes scored in the past, unlike some .