2019/20 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just Stones, there are about 20 that can apply to.

Pennington is the one that stands out who Koeman only really played when we had injuries. Most on here knew he wasn’t really good enough. Moyes didn’t particularly like playing young centrebacks so I can’t remember too many others at that time (Think a lad called Mark Hughes had one game in the league cup for us then Moyes punted him to Northampton). So it’s only really been Stones and Holgate; both of whom turned out ok!

Pennington is the one that stands out who Koeman only really played when we had injuries. Most on here knew he wasn’t really good enough. Moyes didn’t particularly like playing young centrebacks so I can’t remember too many others at that time (Think a lad called Mark Hughes had one game in the league cup for us then Moyes punted him to Northampton). So it’s only really been Stones and Holgate; both of whom turned out ok!
I didn't mean only defenders, just young players who start well and then fall off a cliff.

Thought he looked composed tonight, decent passer , not flustered at all. Also the free kick against him was harsh, the forward Davis was pulling his shirt !

Indeed.

Shane Duffy springs to mind.

He had an outstanding run over about half a dozen games during an injury crisis but when the crisis ended Shane disappeared off the scene and Moyes wound up punting him.

And he turned better than most centre backs we have had since.

Status
Not open for further replies.