2019/20 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
...there was a time I wondered if Gibson might be a better LB prospect than CB but he’s really grown to be a big unit and I doubt his agility to play LB. He has the ability to stride out with the ball from central defence but I doubt he’d be effective in the attacking third as a LB.

What would your thoughts be on 3 at the back with Holgate and Gibson either side of Keane/Mina. Then maybe in a couple of years Branthwaite becoming the middle CB.

he has potential for sure...but I think to be a top cb nowadays you need pace to keep up with the modern attacker...he was caught a few times against Blackpool on pace alone...jury still out but anyhow long way to go...

I think Mina is far more likely to be sold and would not be surprised at all if it happens. I think CA likes Keane as defender.
Brantwhaite will largely play with the under 23s next season and continue training with the first team. He is still far too young to be considered for regular games in the first team.

He’s 18. I think Brian Labone nailed down the regular centre half position at 19......

Think playing for the u23s whilst being our 4th CB, training with the snrs under Carlo Ancelotti is pretty much the best situation for him atm. Also don't see why Gibson can't be ok as backup LB. Baines only got in the team when due to injuries(?) as Lescott was doing so well there.

Think playing for the u23s whilst being our 4th CB, training with the snrs under Carlo Ancelotti is pretty much the best situation for him atm. Also don't see why Gibson can't be ok as backup LB. Baines only got in the team when due to injuries(?) as Lescott was doing so well there.
Agreed, he should spend all his training sessions with the first team and play for the u23s. However, he should be used as first choice in cup games to bring him along.

Gibson needs regular first team football at his age. A season in the championship to see if he can handle it.

If he excels, he'll come into the squad for 21/22. If he does ok or not great, he'll be moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.