January transfer window 2024

I think the club need to be careful about selling Onana now... he is a player that starts week in week out when fit and with a thin squad and with Gueye away for a while the last thing we need to do is get a player who needs 6 months to acclimatise when we are 1 point above the drop zone whilst being winless in the last 5.

£60m is way way too cheap considering the amount we have left to pay plus the reported sell on clause, but if he does go we need a proven CM to go alongside Garner and then a project after that whether that be in the summer.

My feeling given the rumours we`ve seen is that we probably are selling Onana and replacing him with Hannibal on loan which considerably weakens us, considerably weakens this first XI.

Interesting chart for judging some of the midfielders in the Championship so far this season. I think it's a Dewsbury-Hall or a Burger we need to be going for myself from what I have watched, far more rounded than the likes of Wharton, even a Flynn Downes (never got a proper chance at West Ham)

GAGquZfXEAA3KvO

Which bit do you not agree with?

Or do you prefer to just make barbed comments? Easy to go around making those instead of actually engaging with an opinion.

Not OP but the idea that Arsenal would send Smith-Rowe, Reiss Nelson AND some cash for Onana is just absolute pie in the sky stuff.

Interesting chart for judging some of the midfielders in the Championship so far this season. I think it's a Dewsbury-Hall or a Burger we need to be going for myself from what I have watched, far more rounded than the likes of Wharton, even a Flynn Downes (never got a proper chance at West Ham)

GAGquZfXEAA3KvO
Siopis is a cert <taps nose>

I think Thelwell is doing a better job than the people before him.

He got Maupay in and he saw he wasnt suitable fairly quickly and got him out the door.

I dont think he has any real black marks next to him currently.

Onana - HIT
McNeil - HIT
Maupay - MISS, but offloaded fairly quickly
Garner - HIT
Gana - HIT
Tarks - HIT
Coady - HIT
Vingare - MISS

Beto - Jury Out
Chermo - Jury Out
Danjuma - HIT, considering its a loan
Young - HIT, free and played a lot of games
Harrison - HIT

So in short, I wouldnt be worried about him spending the money, personally.
I would in January though.