January transfer window 2024

Would you take £40m and Nathan Ake for Branthwaite? I dont think City will spend big for a while, nor will the rest of the Sly 6, Ake is only 28 and would do a job for us alongside Tarky, that is if Branthwaite does go which I hope he doesnt.
I just do not see City in for him at all.

Looking at the style of play, and CBs already on roster for the PL squads that could afford the fee that Branthwaite would warrant.

The only squads that would want to sign Branthwaite would be United, Newcastle, or those across the park.

Could we reasonably get a bidding war between United and Newcastle?

No, we should be looking for the next Branthwaite if we sell this one, not giving top clubs big money for players they don’t really want and who don’t really want to be at Everton. Branthwaite is proving himself as a top player with us, like Stones did, Richarlison and even Lukaku to a certain extent. Gordon was the same when he was trying to establish himself.

The current team now is made up of players trying to prove their worth in Garner Mykolenko Patterson Onana McNeil etc. We’ve had far too many players evenly dropping down and seeing themselves as doing us a favour, we need to keep the hunger and point to prove in the squad. So for that reason I wouldn’t take Ake, he’s climbed the mountain, we don’t need to take him on the descent.
Hunger, thats what we want.

I did think of him when I typed that, but I think, THINK, the fit and proper test has been massively scaled up since then.

Dunno. But cant think of a reason why the PL thought it needed scaled up since Moshiri came in. As in, hasnt been a PL ownership disaster since he did that I can think of.

Dunno. But cant think of a reason why the PL thought it needed scaled up since Moshiri came in. As in, hasnt been a PL ownership disaster since he did that I can think of.
Think it was the hoops they put in front of PIF and Newcastle.

I mean the Chelsea deal was "fairly" quick, but this 777 thing and the fella at United seems to be taking a while.

But what if he wants to learn under Pep!!!!!!

Its all moot, it all depends on who wants to buy him and when.

I cant imagine every single scout that watches him isnt telling their DoF that they really, really need to buy him ASAP.

I suspect we will get offers in Jan and sadly our financial situation at that time will determine our answer.
Still has a contract here and will be told the club has a price if they match it he can go. Every player has a price sadly and we must sell like brighton, stay strong and get the max we can
Would you take £40m and Nathan Ake for Branthwaite? I dont think City will spend big for a while, nor will the rest of the Sly 6, Ake is only 28 and would do a job for us alongside Tarky, that is if Branthwaite does go which I hope he doesnt.
No just want as much money as possible helps the ffp
I just do not see City in for him at all.

Looking at the style of play, and CBs already on roster for the PL squads that could afford the fee that Branthwaite would warrant.

The only squads that would want to sign Branthwaite would be United, Newcastle, or those across the park.

Could we reasonably get a bidding war between United and Newcastle?
I could see him at city tbh in that lcb role be crazy if they dont want him. Hate see him go to liverpool

I hope he doesnt catch the 'Gordon' syndrome and develop an ego.

Our most sellable assets are Pickford Onana and Branthwaite, if we are close administration then one of these has to go in January if its to save the club.

Onana would be my choice to go, as much as i think he will become a very very good player i think he is the one we could cope without right now.
Sorry to say, but if Newcastle or Slippy are interested in DCL, he’s the first out for me. Really don’t want to sell the young guys who have yet to peak. Long term planning.

jagielka and to a lesser extent distin were not on their way “up the mountain” but were an amazing CB pair for the money. Tarks is a good recent example.

We can’t buy world beaters and we can’t afford to pay for hype.

We have to identify overlooked experience with records of being good professionals.

Jonathan Rowe looks a great prospect in the championship (Norwich). Someone will likely take a punt on him and his value will shoot up.
I was always a fan of going after the top championship prospects - Cahill back in the day, Maddison, Olise, Eze more recently. Unfortunately for us, a "punt" these days is normally £20m+ for a highly rated championship player.

The new strategy for young players should be looking at the 18-20 Yr old prospects at City, Chelsea, arsenal etc who won't be breaking into their 1st teams anytime soon and want game time.

Another 2 goals from Rowe today

Doubt we do much until the 777 takeover has been decided on. Doubt we bring many in unless players on the bench like Keane / Godfrey leave. Seems we are covered well in most areas.

Be interesting what we do/ what we can do in January…

You’d hope we have a couple of loan deals in us at least.

Really need another wide option and another midfielder for me.