January transfer window 2024

How many loans do we have left?

I would be amazed if we spent any money in Jan (without a sale).

Stadium costs, getting sued, takeover at risk, possible administration.

If ever there was a time to go with what we have, this is it.

I’d just sign whoever we wants and take another points penalty … NEA, we are not going down no matter what they do

Considering limited funds and the transition im sure we will focus on sales, especially if our form continues to seem promising. That said I would look at 777's portfolio first to see if any in-house trading could be possible. They would have some invested interest to leverage their best talent to their most valuable club asset in the take over.

That list likely starts with Morten Frendrup. The danish CM/CDM has looked very very good at Genoa this campaign. Rumors even with Liverpool interested. I doubt 777 would allow a rival sale at this point but for the player, we may be a intelligent next move to establish himself. There isnt a whole lot in the 777 portfolio but he could be a real fetch from the new owners. Having been in Serie B last year he's still a little under the radar but with some staggering stats at the beginning of this campaign. I expect him to be in the danish Euro team too which could elevate his suitors.

He also was prior at 777's Brondby so its conceivable he would feel comfortable moving again in the farm of clubs. And considering he is on fairly low wages I could see Everton being a opportunity to simply scale up his wages and maybe attract larger paying suitors if he breaks out without the same risk of a transfer to a new structure.

Another name at CB would be Radu Dragusin at Genoa. has looked good early goings. Can cover at LB too.

Last edited:

Would get on the phone to City for Phillips tbh. Won't get much better on loan, and we need reenforcements there. Gueye away in January, Onana injured already.

He's really not that good. Had a good half season at a Leeds team that were over excelling, very average beyond that - don't think he improves us.

Agree would be good to get cover in that area though.