January transfer window 2024

Highly rated this boy and would instantly be our 3rd best midfielder. Gets to play with Onana which gives him more exposure for Belgium and build a partnership perhaps.

Very reasonable fee if true at £13mil as well. Definitely hoping Gomes and Gana are sold to Saudi in Jan and we can bring in one or two young midfielders.

Zat, for the last time, we aren’t getting any money for Andre Gomes.

All three of you are right imo.

If we could, I'd like to see an u19 player (like DCL/Branthwaite) to come in or through the youth system and gradually be developed.

Meanwhile a player u21 also signed who is ready to start games. This should increase competition for places, add depth and the squad value should increase instead of making stop gap signings.
Do need to look for a similar player who is like onana now so wr have somebody to step in for him. Also badly need a creative 10 in this team

Zat, for the last time, we aren’t getting any money for Andre Gomes.

Perhaps you could explain the money on the table in the summer from Saudi + Turkey? At the least the reports were that we didnt want him to leave when there were offers.

Hard to miss all those reports.

Do need to look for a similar player who is like onana now so wr have somebody to step in for him. Also badly need a creative 10 in this team

We need a new back 4 behind Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Patterson.

We need a new CM pairing behind Onana + Garner.

We need 2 new wide players and an attacking midfielder.

Thats 9 new players. Of course we wont get them all this window, and not even in summer but hopefully we can bring a couple in to take the pressure off a bit numbers/quality wise.

Not sure we could or should try for another Onana. Perhaps just a couple of high potential and high quality midfielders to develop over the season.

Perhaps you could explain the money on the table in the summer from Saudi + Turkey? At the least the reports were that we didnt want him to leave when there were offers.

Thats 9 new players. Of course we wont get them all this window, and not even in summer but hopefully we can bring a couple in to take the pressure off a bit numbers/quality wise.

Not sure we could or should try for another Onana. Perhaps just a couple of high potential and high quality midfielders to develop over the season.

Yes, I’ll explain them, they’re complete crap. Why would we not want him to leave?

Here we go again. I never heard someone talk so much nonsense in my life. You live in a football manager dreamworld. Bet you eat plant food and have a pet snake called Hugo

We’ve been actively trying to get rid of Gomes for the last 3 years. There isn’t the remotest possible chance that we turned down offers for him in the summer.

Well, Lille wanted him permanently (which we know) but seems like he fancied a different option after his loan and then the subsequent and multiple media reports linking him with 2 Saudi teams and 1 Turkish team were there.

Perhaps we just asked for too much...but I believe that offers were there.

Here we go again. I never heard someone talk so much nonsense in my life. You live in a football manager dreamworld. Bet you eat plant food and have a pet snake called Hugo

Yer ma seems to like me.

This is a forum. This is also the January transfer window thread.

If you dont want to contribute positively then you're only wasting your own time when you could be reading media reports and actually having something to say.

Novel approach I know.

Any Aussies heard a whisper about James Overy?

Apparently was on trial at West Ham (who want him) Leicester are interested and has been training with us.

Only 16 i think but was soon to make his debut in Australian league...
Serious question… do we even have a scout in Australia right now?? There really is a new golden generation coming through! So much young talent….