January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
20230201_103731.jpg

If we'd have kept Lampard and secured the couple he looked to have secured (Danjuma signs on the dotted line post West Ham game, another - possibly Dembele - ready to be signed on the Monday according to Tofeenut) we'd have had a far better chance of getting out of the relegation zone than right now.
Oh, you tinker!

Lampard is an abysmal manager, mate. He could have used his famed pulling power to get all manner of great players through the door but he’d have managed their usefulness out of them after a couple of weeks like he did with Onana, Gana, Coady and Tarkowski.

I’m appalled at how we handled that window, but ultimately Dyche (and I was VERY anti-Dyche, FWIW) and no signings gives us a better chance than Lampard and an open chequebook.

I still think we’ll go down, but Frank would have had us sink without a trace. Dyche might at least keep us off rock bottom and have us go down swinging.

Why didn’t we try and sign some players before deadline day? What sort of strategy is that, to start throwing bids around for 8 players on deadline day? Proper clubs do not do this.

No direction, no leadership, no plan.

These players have always been there. However we felt that the last minute of deadline day was worthwhile.

If we'd have kept Lampard and secured the couple he looked to have secured (Danjuma signs on the dotted line post West Ham game, another - possibly Dembele - ready to be signed on the Monday according to Tofeenut) we'd have had a far better chance of getting out of the relegation zone than right now.

All down to the board who didn't want to stick of twist.

No Dave.

Hahahahahaha Dave you were saying the fans needed to shelve the board protests and focus on hounding the manager out last week.

I’m not mad about this because Ayew is poo. It’s the absolute failure to learn the simplest lessons that would kill me if this happens.

God has literally presented us with a carbon copy of the Rondon scenario and gone “let’s see what they do this time.”

If we fall for this again we absolutely deserve on-the-spot liquidation.

Nobody can tell me Simms wouldn’t be more effective in a Dyche system than this guy. I’d play Onana up top like Fellaini before I’d advocate us signing him.

Please, Everton. PLEASE. Spare us this one last humiliation before relegation.

Oh, you tinker!

Lampard is an abysmal manager, mate. He could have used his famed pulling power to get all manner of great players through the door but he’d have managed their usefulness out of them after a couple of weeks like he did with Onana, Gana, Coady and Tarkowski.

I’m appalled at how we handled that window, but ultimately Dyche (and I was VERY anti-Dyche, FWIW) and no signings gives us a better chance than Lampard and an open chequebook.

I still think we’ll go down, but Frank would have had us sink without a trace. Dyche might at least keep us off rock bottom and have us go down swinging.
Maybe Lampard with a couple of attackers git us up the table. It wouldn't have taken too much to do that with attackers.

Hahahahahaha Dave you were saying the fans needed to shelve the board protests and focus on hounding the manager out last week.
Yes, but that was on thre basis of getting our attacking targets in.

So what's the point of not protesting now?

None.

We're down.

I was thinking the same, regarding the pull of Lampard. As far as incomings goes Frank was the only positive. However, regardless of that fact, I think we are far more likely to survive with Dyche as manager, even without incomings (though I think Ayew with come in soon). It will be great to stick two fingers up at whoever bought in players yet get relegated.

It's now up to the fans to turn all their rage against the board into support for the manager as he tries to bring about that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.