January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I thought we would bring a few players in, as we always do! That's it the board must have accepted we are going down or simply we are just not allowed to spend?

I would bring Deli Ali back TBH. If we can't get a tune out of him there isn't anywhere else to turn to at this point.
If we brought him back and played him we would of owed up to 40million to spurs as set in the weird contract arranged between the clubs.

If Frank had stayed, Danjuma may well have joined, it could have helped momentum in this window

But many fans wanted Frank out of course due to the bad run....

This is far from over though - all that makes sense is to get behind the team now
If frank had stayed it wouldn’t have mattered if he’d convinced mbappe to join, we’d have still gone down because he was an absolute imbecile.

His goalscoring record as a youth player is amazing scored out on loan - probably better than the expensive players we looked at today tbh .....
Simms was scoring in the championship at roughly the same rate as Gyokeres. If you wait for the perfect time to introduce a young player it might never come so now out of necessity is his chance. Strange we don’t seem to have considered recalling Dobbin as well.

Changes need to happen. The board and Moshiri have a lot to answer for and if they are smart would all walk away. It is the people’s club after all.

Look it was always going to come down to whether dyche can get the team going, if he doesn't we're done and the 2-3 mediocre/desperate signings we might have signed today aren't going to have a bearing on that....so for me it's as it was.....damage was done when lampard was left in charge for the last 5 winnable games
Yes Frank should have gone after the Bournemouth games, but I have faith in Dyche he was my choice for the job.

I would have love to have seen some money spent...but what's going with the premier league is slowly becoming an unstainable model that will depend on having billionnaires to support the expenditure. Some clubs might end folding as a result...Chelsea has broken football in this country for the foreseeable...its slowly becoming a super league of riche billionaires.
It’s not unsustainable to to sell a £40m player and replace him , we’re not trying to buy our way Into the champions league we’re trying not to be absolutely crap . Those in charge have took a massive dump , Correction another massive dump. on us today and people are explaining it away by “you can’t compete with city and Chelsea “

Status
Not open for further replies.