January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we get on DBB’s back constantly? She literally has nothing to do with the football side of the club as far as I am aware. Done a lot of great work with the community and stadium too.

The other two of course deserve criticism though.
there are some in the game saying she is very much involved in football matters. how and why I haven't a clue

Why do we get on DBB’s back constantly? She literally has nothing to do with the football side of the club as far as I am aware. Done a lot of great work with the community and stadium too.

The other two of course deserve criticism though.
She is the Chief Executive of the club. Apart from perhaps the owner, maybe even more so, she is ultimately responsible for the running of the club.

This is a football club - a results business - so if we're underperforming, then she is responsible. If she isn't, well what the fluff is she doing?

I’ve said jokingly on other threads that Alli coming back may not be such a bad thing but the way we are going, it might be the only new face!!!

Our last last three Director of Football appointments have ALL been very highly rated and had great successes at previous clubs.

They don't just become terrible at their job as soon as they work here.
I’d say only Brands had a reputation as an established DoF.

Walsh was a scout, and Thelwell was “head of sport” at New York Red Bulls for 2 years. I’m not sure how much his reputation was burnished there.

But having said that, Brands’ abject failure is enough to suggest to me that the role at Everton isn’t what the role should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.