January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we spent £60mil then if they were all on 5 year deals (cant be bothered to check) that would mean £12mil off the books this year for FFP.

With the Gordon sale alone thats £45mil on the books this year.

Difference of £33mil which could be used this window. Giving the club a far larger amount to use across the deals.
We are going to be about 100M clear of the FFP limits for the end of this season if Kean is booked before July 1st. It's having actual money in the bank that has been the issue...

According to Ornstein the Gordon fee is all upfront, so with staggered deals they should be fine. I'd still be trying for loans that become permanent if we stay up if we can manage it though... Just incase.

We are going to be about 100M clear of the FFP limits for the end of this season if Kean is booked before July 1st. It's having actual money in the bank that has been the issue...

According to Ornstein the Gordon fee is all upfront, so with staggered deals they should be fine. I'd still be trying for loans that become permanent if we stay up if we can manage it though... Just incase.

so we need that? i hope to f we’re trying to sort somethings out if we wanna stay up

How on Earth do you work that out? We are clearly in a sell to buy position. We have limited FFP headroom. There is no chance we are committing £100m

We will do well to spend the Gordon money.

Maybe you could read about how FFP and Profit & Sustainability rules work ?

Not sure whether its having money in the bank or being at the limit on the annual numbers because we still owed money on deals from several years ago.

Loans with obligations are the way to go if were safe. A little late in the day now.

Id probably be after the same as would be best for the club, more Onana type high potential young players. Bring in 2 or 3 of them with release clauses if were relegated.

so we need that? i hope to f we’re trying to sort somethings out if we wanna stay up
Limit is £105M, the loss dropping out this cycle is a £107M loss from 18/19... So given we are on course to break even with the two big sales (Kean + Gordon) we should be well clear...

But yeah, it's clear from the summer and now that Moshiri has no intention of funding upfront fees for signings, so £40M upfront will be great (think Onana was mentioned at £6-8M/year over 4-5 years, McNeil and Maupay both had really low upfront fees as well. So yes- very necessary to sell someone to strengthen, but nothing to do with premier league regulations

Limit is £105M, the loss dropping out this cycle is a £107M loss from 18/19... So given we are on course to break even with the two big sales (Kean + Gordon) we should be well clear...

But yeah, it's clear from the summer and now that Moshiri has no intention of funding upfront fees for signings, so £40M upfront will be great (think Onana was mentioned at £6-8M/year over 4-5 years, McNeil and Maupay both had really low upfront fees as well. So yes- very necessary to sell someone to strengthen, but nothing to do with premier league regulations

so will we only spend the 40ml? you know what if we go down we’re f d

Status
Not open for further replies.