January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen another link to kudus saying we're gonna try in Jan and he wants to leave.

Surely ship has sailed? Been quality for Ajax this season, looked very good in the world cup and had links to Liverpool and Barca in the last few weeks?

Just seen another link to kudus saying we're gonna try in Jan and he wants to leave.

Surely ship has sailed? Been quality for Ajax this season, looked very good in the world cup and had links to Liverpool and Barca in the last few weeks?
I mean, Everton surprise me at times - Ancelotti, James, etc. - but there is no possibility of signing a player like Kudus now after his Champions League and World Cup exploits. Move on and scout the next Kudus.

I mean, Everton surprise me at times - Ancelotti, James, etc. - but there is no possibility of signing a player like Kudus now after his Champions League and World Cup exploits. Move on and scout the next Kudus.
Yep, very unfortunate to miss.out on him at the time because he's look quality when I've watched him and would most definitely be our most dangerous player ( not that it takes much doing )

The one thing with Kudus is that right now he's still quite raw.. big clubs might take a chance on him or they might see him as limited in a tight structured side.

I am slightly concerned about Kudus seeing us as a stepping stone. Even his initial comments before the WC and his good start to ther season were then we are a good project. Does he already see himself as bigger than us? He certainly has that swag
If he comes to us and we get a good few seasons out of him before he becomes world class and we sell for a profit, well thats fine.

I am slightly concerned about Kudus seeing us as a stepping stone. Even his initial comments before the WC and his good start to ther season were then we are a good project. Does he already see himself as bigger than us? He certainly has that swag

Why are you concerned about this? It’s exactly what a club in our position should be doing, signing players with big potential and ambition that we can move on for a profit in the future. Signing players on a downward trajectory who are just happy to hang around for 5 years picking up a wage is exactly how you end up in the financial mess we’re currently in.

Why are you concerned about this? It’s exactly what a club in our position should be doing, signing players with big potential and ambition that we can move on for a profit in the future. Signing players on a downward trajectory who are just happy to hang around for 5 years picking up a wage is exactly how you end up in the financial mess we’re currently in.

yep lol

More that we dont have adequete cover at left back. More like he thinks Vinagre is crap.

We wont be taking up the option to sign Vinagre I'm guessing so we still have to look at future replacements. I know it's not a priority area signing but maybe there is an option for a deal, we are also being linked with a young LB from Empoli called Fabiano Parisi.

These left back rumours continue...

Looks like Lampard doesnt rate Vinagre and wants to bring in someone who is more attacking to rotate with Mykolenko.

Really should be after either u21s or players to push out existing starters.

I imagine we'll also be looking at right backs.

Reuben Vinagre was excellent over he in Australia, in training both times i watched him he was one of the best on the pitch

His crossing is brilliant, his ball control and ability to take a player on is great, he had great partnerships with Gray, Price and Gordon and I would be very surprised if he doesn’t play more of a role in the 2nd half of the season.

I would also be surprised if he maintains that level, if we didn’t pay a small fee to make it permanent

Bring back Bernard.

Miss the little guy. Needed more end product but had so much technical ability and wasnt frightened to take a player on or retain possesion with quick feet.

A very romantic view, but i do miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.