January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linked to French based forward Elye Wahi, never heard of him, so got the old YouTube clip as well. Seems to be more of a wide forward, though occasionally plays central. He’s only 19, they have said 25 million euros in the article, I would imagine that would be spread over the 5 years of his contract and be dependant on a lot of conditions.

Not me. Better off before we had cash. Prove me wrong. Been a steady decline since we spent so naively. I'd rather a team full of Osman, Hibbert and Neville opposed to one with supposedly good players based on FIFA skills moves.
Happy new year blues

I am in this camp but the days of buying Cahill for under 2 mill have long gone, now we’re being quoted 20 mill for players who are a risk. Maybe it’s right money trickles down more?

However, you make a point about temperament. Moyes signed players who were hungry and willing to work really hard. He put them in the shop window and often they would be sold for decent money. But now we’ve gone from hungry and ambitious to “not arsed last pay cheque” territory and it doesn’t work. Need to get back to the former days of loaning/buying in young players getting no game time who are actually going to leave it all on the pitch but accept we are a stepping stone.

However, I’m not sure playing for us currently is anything other than a career blip, and that hurts us now recruiting. The loans need to be better as that is low risk for everybody.

Linked to French based forward Elye Wahi, never heard of him, so got the old YouTube clip as well. Seems to be more of a wide forward, though occasionally plays central. He’s only 19, they have said 25 million euros in the article, I would imagine that would be spread over the 5 years of his contract and be dependant on a lot of conditions.

His Wikipedia page is…interesting.

His Wikipedia page is…interesting.
In October 2021, a 22-year old woman filed a legal complaint against Wahi for violence that resulted in her being incapable to work. She claimed that he had punched her in the nose during an evening out at the L'Entrepôt nightclub in Lattes, Hérault, in the night of 12–13 September a month earlier.[8] The woman received treatment from emergency services due to the violence.[9]

In November 2021, it was revealed by investigative reporter Romain Molina that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for allegedly pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms.

Interesting, indeed.

Some wild stuff there like.
d2b8380c-1bf1-4294-9faa-3b96caa5d497

Status
Not open for further replies.