January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not advocating 'going with what we've got' but currently the names linked have been totally uninspiring.

There's the prospect/gamble of spending 30 to 50 million today on two or three totally unproven, unknown, un heard of players in an attempt to get us out this mess. But it all screams pure desperation.

I know we all want better options, but I'm not seeing any names that improve this squad- they will only put another 50 million pound hole in our books.
Agree, obviously don’t want to go with what we’ve got because we’ll get relegated. That said, adding the likes of Antonio, Andre Ayew or whoever else, I don’t see them keeping us up or massively improving us so is there any point just bringing them in for the sake of it and lumbering the club with more sh!te on long contracts paying wages that we then can’t shift or sell.

What a terrible way to do business - just a last second scramble for what we can get. Pure luck if anything comes off and high likelihood of gambles flopping.

The window closing and no adequate forward players brought in, won't even be the worst of it. That'll be Wednesday morning when Calvert-lewin forgets to put his shin pads on and Keane goes through him knee deep.

I'm not advocating 'going with what we've got' but currently the names linked have been totally uninspiring.

There's the prospect/gamble of spending 30 to 50 million today on two or three totally unproven, unknown, un heard of players in an attempt to get us out this mess. But it all screams pure desperation.

I know we all want better options, but I'm not seeing any names that improve this squad- they will only put another 50 million pound hole in our books.
This is what clubs in our position do, hire managers like dyche or allardyce, gamble money on players and survive for another season potentially. Once you stop , it is over , make one false move and it's over.

Everton has become a west brom , Sunderland style team so now are making those style of transfers and hiring those style of managers. If we don't act accordingly then we are already relegated

….all quiet on the Rennes front;

View attachment 202987
1675165186668.png

whats this on the horizon... no expense spared by Blue Bill Kenwright & the mighty Blues.
'it's how I got to the boys pen... and if it was good enough for me...'

Agree, obviously don’t want to go with what we’ve got because we’ll get relegated. That said, adding the likes of Antonio, Andre Ayew or whoever else, I don’t see them keeping us up or massively improving us so is there any point just bringing them in for the sake of it and lumbering the club with more sh!te on long contracts paying wages that we then can’t shift or sell.

What a terrible way to do business - just a last second scramble for what we can get. Pure luck if anything comes off and high likelihood of gambles flopping.
Exactly. And that's why today won't really define or do a great deal in repairing the utter mess the board has left this club in.

The financial restrictions are entirely of our own making.

Oh yeah 100% and the idiots who caused it should all be chased out. but I don't think denying the reality of the current situation and blaming the current recruitment staff for it is helpful

They may all actually be useless, but it's extremely difficult to know for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.