January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brands can run the academy like he did at PSV we will be OK, and so will the younger players like Gibson who are coming through.
Since we have had the DoF position at the club accountability for signings is now a grayer area than a Tory manifesto so we will probably never know who bought who, and Koeman wasn't any better keeping DCL stuck out on the left for ages either.
Btw I have to admit to being one on here thinking that Sandro was a shrewd bit of business at the time........doh!

You know brexit is going to stop this from happening somehow... it’s just “ Everton that” I mean world wars have broken out after we assembled title winning teams . The European ban, We now have billions but can’t spend , we have a world class manager but don’t have any lukaku, Rooney, stones etc fate hates Everton and I’m sure it’s something to do with the pact with the devil that the RS have made

Had to smile at SSN and their deadline show last night. No earth shattering offerings which resulted in us being told of breaking news that someone from Tower Hamlets was going on a free to Southend or some similar club.
Total embarrassment for a peed off Jim White

I think we’ve had a great window, no knee jerk signings, they’re only canon fodder for the boo boys anyway. In my own little head it sends a clear message that Ancelotti is up for the project, good news if I’m right.

I think we’ve had a great window, no knee jerk signings, they’re only canon fodder for the boo boys anyway. In my own little head it sends a clear message that Ancelotti is up for the project, good news if I’m right.
I'll be disappointed though if the same thing happens in the summer.

Funny watching some try spin this awful transfer window as a good thing. Brands has let the manager and the fans down.

We’ve waved a white flag on our quest for European football.

Since the moment Carlo arrived, this season has been all about laying the foundations for next season. We need to think longer term here.

We need around 4 quality signings in the summer. We have the right manager. Now he needs to be backed heavily. Our rebuild will take a while but it starts in earnest in june.

Had to smile at SSN and their deadline show last night. No earth shattering offerings which resulted in us being told of breaking news that someone from Tower Hamlets was going on a free to Southend or some similar club.
Total embarrassment for a peed off Jim White
I wonder how long they'll keep up billing it as an 'event' because for a good 4 years or so now there's been very little done on deadline day, especially in Jan.

That said, I enjoy the idea of that snivelling weasel Jim White sat there like a nonce whilst the ratings nosedive.

When one of the biggest clubs in the world spends 65mil on a player from the Portuguese league and panic buy a failed Watford striker playing in China I’m not too concerned we haven’t raced out to spend.

None of our rivals for Europe are any stronger imo so it’s on Carlo to try and keep kicking on and then hopefully have a big shake up in summer

Since the moment Carlo arrived, this season has been all about laying the foundations for next season. We need to think longer term here.

We need around 4 quality signings in the summer. We have the right manager. Now he needs to be backed heavily. Our rebuild will take a while but it starts in earnest in june.

Wouldn't waste your time mate, the guy you quoted is one of the most negative about.

Funny watching some try spin this awful transfer window as a good thing. Brands has let the manager and the fans down.

We’ve waved a white flag on our quest for European football.
Loving this Faux outrage. Go for a lovely walk this morning,it's beautiful outside. Stop letting some fella who works for a football club dictate your happiness,you bad turkey.

Wouldn't waste your time mate, the guy you quoted is one of the most negative about.

I get the general frustration about our recruitment though because it's been downright rubbish.

A player would have been nice but it looked clear we had no one lined up early so I'm glad we didnt panic. Dont see why people are angry about us not signing players who are no better than some of the rubbish we already have.

They need to get it right from now on. They wont be getting any excuses in the summer from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.