January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer we signed no one in this window..... We've wasted so much money already, would prefer we were patient and came up with a clear plan under Ancelotti...

If Brands was scrambling for Iwobi in the summer window, I have no confidence in him in a January window

The deal for a central defender fell through at the last minute in the summer, so you have to imagine that wages are available at the very least.
I reckon we probably have some wiggle room to make a signing or two. It’s just harder to find value in the January window.

The deal for a central defender fell through at the last minute in the summer, so you have to imagine that wages are available at the very least.

Tosun already out the door, thankfully to a Premier League club who can afford a biggish % to us.

If we can get Niasse and Martina out as well theres some proper wiggle room for wages.

The problem is adding to an already big squad.

We currently have 23 first-teamers, but 10+ are returning in June.

For me I'd be looking to bring 2 in January and 2 main signings in the summer.

January is all about the midfield. We are crying out to replace Gana with no legs in the middle we are over run and out muscled in the middle. Attacking wise we need balance to the attack who can support as well as grab a goal or 4 and we need replace Walcott.

It is a expensive time to buy but you have Carlo Ancelotti here so prove it.

Defensive Midfielder:
1st choice - Denis Zakaria - £40/50m
2nd choice - Sander Berge - £20/25m

Right Winger:
1st choice - Everton - £25/30m
2nd choice -Steven Bergwijn - £30/35m

Come the summer, we can spend bigger to bring in players who's teams are underachieving but have big stars so potentially get them into the club quicker and cheaper than January.

With Gomes and Gbamin back we should have extra midfield cover so time to strengthen our defence further.

Right Back:
Max Aarons - £20m
Youcef Atal - £25m

Centre Back:
Diego Llorente - £25m
Nathan Aké - £35m

January is all about the midfield. We are crying out to replace Gana with no legs in the middle we are over run and out muscled in the middle. Attacking wise we need balance to the attack who can support as well as grab a goal or 4 and we need replace Walcott.

Defensive Midfielder:

Right Winger:

Come the summer, we can spend bigger to bring in players who's teams are underachieving but have big stars so potentially get them into the club quicker and cheaper than January.

With Gomes and Gbamin back we should have extra midfield cover so time to strengthen our defence further.

Right Back:
Max Aarons - £20m
Youcef Atal - £25m

Centre Back:
Diego Llorente - £25m
Nathan Aké - £35m

Ake isnt great and would cost about 50m

Defensive Midfielder:

Right Winger:

Right Back:
Max Aarons - £20m
Youcef Atal - £25m

Centre Back:
Diego Llorente - £25m
Nathan Aké - £35m

everton Soares isn’t a right winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.