January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Foden on loan until the end of the season? the kid looks class but cant get any game time at Man City.

What about Foden on loan until the end of the season? the kid looks class but cant get any game time at Man City.

He played tonight, will get the odd game in the CL, odd game on the league, be on the bench a lot, the odd game in the FA Cup. I think he gets enough minutes to warrant City telling us to do one if we ever did make an enquiry.

I turn on talk nonsense for the first time in weeks. And they are talking about Rashford coming to us ("or West Ham")to develop and score fifteen goals then go back to United. Then one of them pipes up they have better coaching at United lol So not only do they want us to be a feeder club for United who are they as average as us right now they think Ole is better than Silva, I mean there's not much into it but I take Marco as a better coach.

I turn on talk nonsense for the first time in weeks. And they are talking about Rashford coming to us ("or West Ham")to develop and score fifteen goals then go back to United. Then one of them pipes up they have better coaching at United lol So not only do they want us to be a feeder club for United who are they as average as us right now they think Ole is better than Silva, I mean there's not much into it but I take Marco as a better coach.

"Not much into it"

Silva is a top coach...

He played tonight, will get the odd game in the CL, odd game on the league, be on the bench a lot, the odd game in the FA Cup. I think he gets enough minutes to warrant City telling us to do one if we ever did make an enquiry.
He really doesn't get any meaningful time. If he wanted to go they'd not have much reason to say no.

Callum Wilson scoring again

5 in 6 now

Not good enough for us though is he :coffee:
He’d definitely be good enough for us.

Think it’s more to do with:
1) the 60-70mil that Bournemouth would want

2) his age (28 in feb) which would mean all the transfer fee paid is probably never recouped

3) his injury record. Admittedly he’s played a lot of over the last 2 seasons but he has been out for some serious stretches before (plus with our luck!)

4) the 150k+ a week he would want.

Good player. Just not part of the Brands strategy. You never know: this time next year Kean could be at the same level as Wilson.

He’d definitely be good enough for us.

Think it’s more to do with:
1) the 60-70mil that Bournemouth would want

2) his age (28 in feb) which would mean all the transfer fee paid is probably never recouped

3) his injury record. Admittedly he’s played a lot of over the last 2 seasons but he has been out for some serious stretches before (plus with our luck!)

4) the 150k+ a week he would want.

Good player. Just not part of the Brands strategy. You never know: this time next year Kean could be at the same level as Wilson.

Yeah under Brands strategy we would rather DCL than a proven finisher.

Wilson was quoted at £50 million this summer - worth every penny in the current market.

Yeah under Brands strategy we would rather DCL than a proven finisher.

Wilson was quoted at £50 million this summer - worth every penny in the current market.
Eddie Howe said anyone could have him for 50mil? Seems unlikely.

As I said. He’s definitely better than our current strikers, but price + age + injury record + wages

There’s a reason no one has gone for him.

john McGinn bossing the premier league midfields ..

we need to sign this fella, been saying for two years ..

Status
Not open for further replies.