January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake's size is a concern at under 6 foot for a centre half. Plus the fact he's currently playing in the worst defence in the league.

Add that up and ask whether he is truly worth £40m? Much better available for that price.
5'11''/6 ft isnt the biggest concern in my mind. He can out jump much of the competition and is alot more agile than the bruisers. I hate to compare a 24 year old from Bournemouth to the likes of legends like Puyol, Cannavaro, even Koeman. Those guys were unbelievable at a "undersize" label. My only concern is that price!

Ake's size is a concern at under 6 foot for a centre half. Plus the fact he's currently playing in the worst defence in the league.

Add that up and ask whether he is truly worth £40m? Much better available for that price.
I’m not a big fan, but he does seem to compete quite well at set pieces. So maybe he has decent spring. I suppose his best attributes are pace, strength and his ability on the ball.

5'11''/6 ft isnt the biggest concern in my mind. He can out jump much of the competition and is alot more agile than the bruisers. I hate to compare a 24 year old from Bournemouth to the likes of legends like Puyol, Cannavaro, even Koeman. Those guys were unbelievable at a "undersize" label. My only concern is that price!
He won't be £40m, that is the buyback clause Chelsea have for him, to any other club he would cost more in this market. Swerve.

Surely we need to improve on our options in midfield, I just don’t think this guy would add anything to the midfield we have now.

Unless he’s on a free transfer to bulk out the squad when a few leave.

Not saying he's world class but he's better than what we have fit for definite and would be, IMO, a reliable rotation midfielder for JPG or Gomes. I bet he's probably £10m or less these days too.

Apparently Bentaleb can go for as little as £5m, almost 20 goals in 100 appearances from deeper midfield, always liked the look of him at Spurs. Not played since some training ground incident in April so might be a bad egg but reckon he'd be a solid squad player myself unless he's a tit.

Status
Not open for further replies.