January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw an interesting discussion the other day which had a feature on CSKA and Dzagoev, explained how bad a financial Ness the club are in with a badly balanced team - no strikers etc, reckoned for 15m euros they'd sell in order to be able to bri g a striker in and they have a very promising young lad coming through who could fill in for dzagoev etc, reckon the player would move as well and general opinion was unlike a lot of other Russian players who've moved abroad he'd adjust due to his background and character.

Talked up about what our manager looks for in players, pace and dynamism as well and they reckoned he'd tick all those boxes also mentioned his winning mentality etc...

Interesting seeing it being discussed in a positive way though.
Sod him, just sign the young lad deemed good enough the replace him!

If we also throw in Oviedo, Gibson and Kone, do you think we can get a deal done?
Swansea would say "if you want to throw in that trio of sh1thouses he'll cost you an extra £5mil"

To which Bill and Moshiri would say "ok, deal! But going with Everton traditions we'll leave it another 2 weeks. Just to allow our fans to get really angry, and to allow other teams to come in with better offers".

I'd love to know how he has time to scout players.At the AGM last week he stated 'I am at every single home and away game'

..he has a network of scouts and analysts. From what I understand, statistics largely inform his targets. For example, despite being part of a relegated side Gueye's statistics were very impressive and made him an attractive target when we needed a ball winning midfielder.

I suggest Walsh's approach is much more scientific, almost moneyball but it will still require a degree of scouting and character enquiries.

Last edited:
Hearing another Everton medical took place this afternoon. Dont know the details regarding whether this was Schneiderlin or another newcomer

This was from a blue who writes for the mail on Twitter. ell Bretland

Has anyone mentioned that swap deals don't happen very often?

Noel says - really?

Time for Everton to lead the way - Nil Satis Nisi Swaptimum!

swap.png

Hearing another Everton medical took place this afternoon. Dont know the details regarding whether this was Schneiderlin or another newcomer

This was from a blue who writes for the mail on Twitter. ell Bretland

...the Manchester Evening News reported Schneiderlin was at USM FF today to undergo his medical. Seems accurate given your information.

Batshuayi is good and I certainly wouldn't say no but he's more of a runner and technical striker. I think we're in the market for a target man to pair with Lukaku, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.