January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think there's some truth to that, but:

Where exactly are Everton going right now? They're out of both cups, and there's not much they can do to change their league position for better or worse this season. Now would be the time to take a risk or two, because you have the opportunity in the summer to stabilize the situation.
I see what you are saying, but unfortunately it would not take much for our league position to suffer. We are hardly secure in 7th. I think we need a strong spring to cement the concept we are a club on the way up. If we sputter to a 10th or 11th place finish i don't know that we will be able to attract the players we want. Finish the year 7th but pushing the top 6 while separating ourselves from the pack would be helpful.

Players like Ashley Williams this past summer, Siggy and Schneiderlin now or say Hart or Keane possibly in the summer would all strengthen the squad. Hindsight being 20/20 I'm sure many of us wish we had just spent the money on Hart this past summer.

Would love to see us be able to look at some of the talent from other leagues (players like a Julian Brandt) but righting the ship now will only make us more attractive to them.

To be fair, he targeted, I understand, Gana. Bang. In.

The Charlton lad, Looterman(?), again, done.

Dealing with established players at established clubs aint quite as straight forward. And might not even be his main job.
I'd love to know how he has time to scout players.At the AGM last week he stated 'I am at every single home and away game'

Just read this from the South Wales evening post:

"Everton back in the hunt for Swansea City star man Gylfi Sigurdsson, say's GOT"
Sigurdsson would be just what we need but when we expressed interest in Aug he went and signed a new 4 year contract.
It's now winter and he's the best player on a relegation threatened team. The idea they would now let him go, and increase their chances of relegation, seems ludicrous.
File him with VVD as a nice fantasy that's not going to happen.

I'd love to know how he has time to scout players.At the AGM last week he stated 'I am at every single home and away game'

Video. I assume he's got two or three employees whose only job is to load his computers and iPads with as much video of other matches as he could possibly request.

Haha, I like this deal! I try never to speak for all Everton fans but I'd say most would be very pleased with it too.

The problem is what is in it for Swansea? They lose their only really good player/talisman/only hope for survival... for a 34 year cb who has proved he isn't up to it anymore, a midfielder (I think) who offer next to nothing either defensively or offensively, and get 15mil which in today's market buys you sweet FA in 2017 (unless you know what Gueye's ludicrously low release clause is).

Please post your offer on a Swansea fan forum and see what the response is. It would be so funny.

It's the equivalent of United offering us Carrick, Ashley Young, and 20 mil for Rom. Would you take that?
I don't rate the lad as highly as some.

if you're in charge of bringing players in but dont move until the transfer window starts whats the point in having Walsh. Surely his target should be to actually sign players or are we just going through the motions as in the past

...the indication (from reports) is that personal terms were agreed with Schneiderlin a month ago. I was delighted with that because it demonstrated we were not working from a standing start. The Lookman deal also appears to have been largely sorted.

It's only guesswork but I think the other key deal was Depay. Deulofeu was being edged out in preparation but the key stumbling point is Uniteds failure to agree a loan deal. We clearly preferred a low risk loan to determine if the player could meet the demands of the Premiership. A large fee and salary could be deemed too much to lose.

Time will tell if the groundwork has been done for other deals.

Saw an interesting discussion the other day which had a feature on CSKA and Dzagoev, explained how bad a financial Ness the club are in with a badly balanced team - no strikers etc, reckoned for 15m euros they'd sell in order to be able to bri g a striker in and they have a very promising young lad coming through who could fill in for dzagoev etc, reckon the player would move as well and general opinion was unlike a lot of other Russian players who've moved abroad he'd adjust due to his background and character.

Talked up about what our manager looks for in players, pace and dynamism as well and they reckoned he'd tick all those boxes also mentioned his winning mentality etc...

Interesting seeing it being discussed in a positive way though.

People on here whine about the speed of transfers as if the selling team have no say in any it. We could have had targets locked in months ago, gotten confirmation from agents that the players were interested, agreed to salary terms, etc., but if the selling team isn't ready to pull the trigger on the deal, then we can't make them sell. This shouldn't be hard to understand. And if we're really interested in these players, it's worth it to be patient and get the right guys in, whether it's now or in three weeks.

This isn't like grocery shopping. You can't just pick and choose who you want and what the price is.

...you never know, Matey.
That would be like Christmas coming again for us Evertonians. The strange thing is they would both up their game at a new club they have just got stale here. To be fair Gibson is a good player but has never stayed fit long enough for us and had other problems too, as for Kone he did have a decent spell for us and did get a fair few goals at Wigan, you never know they could keep them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.